Thread: On the Right Path at Last!

Smile On the Right Path at Last!

I feel so randomly positive that I felt the need to log onto this site and post about how far along I've come, and how much different things are for me than they were just two months ago.

Yes I still have anxiety, mainly social these days and the odd panic attack, but it wasn't long ago I was trapped at home with agoraphobia and health anxiety having to endure an emotionally draining situation that was never going to improve.

I've learned the hard way that you will only truly be happy when you stop putting other people above yourself and surround yourself with people who want to know you and people that care about you, and not being afraid to walk away from the people that have hurt you. Knowing who you are, what you want in life and making sure you head in the right direction.

I'm currently undergoing "coaching" sessions as an alternative to therapy and learning that you know what, it's okay that certain bad things happened and finding the positive from the experience. I want to live in the present, not the past or the future and that's exactly how I want to live my life now. I'm setting goals and making positive steps in my life. I would like to be able to help other people who have been in my situation someday.

In the space of two months, I've gone from just about being able to manage walking my dogs with a support person, to a full on weekend away living my best life. Quad biking, swimming, safari, trekking, boating, you name it I've done it. I amazed myself quite frankly because this has been so unlike me in recent years.

I'm happier than I've felt in years. I'm laughing constantly lately, my social life is improving, I'm doing things without overthinking the potential consequences, cycling a lot. It's just amazing how much better I feel. I've gone from crying every day to not shedding a single tear.

I had a panic attack in public last weekend and instead of my obsessive worrying about what the people who witnessed it would have thought about me, I haven't given it the time of day. I'm never going to see those people again so who cares?! The main thing is I was out in the first place and challenge myself.

You really can't underestimate the power of positive thinking. People used to say to me "change your mindset" and I'd think eh, how? and be sceptical and wonder how exactly that would make a difference. But when it finally clicks for you, my god it really does.

Re: On the Right Path at Last!

You've done wonderfully well, Graceski and that's a fantastic post which should give hope and inspiration to many of us on here!

Thanks so much for sharing your very positive progress and wishing you all the very best for continued happiness in the weeks and months ahead!

Re: On the Right Path at Last!

Quote Originally Posted by Graceski View Post

In the space of two months, I've gone from just about being able to manage walking my dogs with a support person, to a full on weekend away living my best life. Quad biking, swimming, safari, trekking, boating, you name it I've done it. I amazed myself quite frankly because this has been so unlike me in recent years.

I'm happier than I've felt in years.

EXCELLENT WORK COCKER!!

Thread Information