Hey all
So I noticed last week that one pupil was larger than the other, after looking through old photo's I saw that it had been there for atleast 15 years. I went to the opticians today and they said I have physiological anisocoria and that it is nothing to worry about as my pupils are healthy and reactive. He also did a test to see the back of my eye and told me immediately that I have no tumors. He was happy with all of the results and at the end of the test just told me to take a break from screens. That should have calmed my anxiety but because of the very last test he did I'm now half calmed and half scared.
I had my face in front of a contraption, you know where you look through different lenses at images and whatnot. As soon as he put me infront of this I accidentally moved it with my nose, pulled it back to me and carried on, it kept kind of moving though. The last image was a red dot that the optician told me to look at and tell him how many lines I saw around it, I saw five, he said there were more. I apologised and asked if I could just adjust myself as when I sat up a little straighter the lines were becoming more apparent, he said yes of course and so I sat up straight and adjusted the lens contraption to my face, suddenly I saw all 8 lines perfectly - as clear as day with no issue. Optician seemed happy about it and I apologised because I kept accidentally moving the lens machine, he laughed and said it was fine, gave me a clear bill of eye health and told me to come back in two years.
Does this sound like an issue with the positioning of the lenses or something in my brain? He said the test was to measure how well my eyes work together.
I know with HA we worry even when professionals tell us all is fine so I am keeping that in mind, I just thought I'd double check. I've never had an eye exam as an adult so not sure if these things can happen! I thought everything had to be perfect all of the time and hate that I had to adjust myself/position of the machine to see all of the lines!!!!
Argh.
In the UK if that helps with eye exams situations.