Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The WORST I’ve ever been

The WORST I’ve ever been

Hey I’m Matt and I’m 18.

My anxiety and panic are at the highest it’s ever been but it’s all for a real reason.

My legs are insanely concerning at the moment. Ever since school started, I’ve been at home most of the time and don’t have chance to work out and get the blood circulating... I work out probably twice a week.

Recently, my legs have been having these weird sensations!! Twitching, sharp muscle pains, fatigue, a bit weak. Sometimes even tingling!

Guys I am terrified, I had to call my doctor and made an appointment for tomorrow. I’m hoping for the best but am expecting bad things I’m so scared.

This is not normal for an 18 year old. I’ve googled and it’s all saying terrible things but for a real reason. It’s talking about nerve and brain issues. It’s also saying stuff about blood clots. I can’t handle this anymore

I just walked 7,000 steps and my legs feel super sore right now. I honestly do not know what to expect tomorrow at the doctors

Anyone have any insight?
    Thanks 🙏

Re: The WORST I’ve ever been

Actually I think it can be very normal for someone your age. I still had growing pains at age 18 and almost always it affected my legs in the ways you’re describing. Add to that this whole pandemic where you’re not getting as much use out of them as what you would normally, i would say there’s a very good chance that there is nothing serious going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by MattBananafone34 View Post
    but it’s all for a real reason.
    It always is Matt...

Guys I am terrified, I had to call my doctor and made an appointment for tomorrow. I’m hoping for the best but am expecting bad things I’m so scared.
    When you've been consulting Dr Google, have you ever typed in, 'Anxiety and leg pain'?

How about you do that now?

It’s also saying stuff about blood clots. I can’t handle this anymore

I just walked 7,000 steps and my legs feel super sore right now. I honestly do not know what to expect tomorrow at the doctors
    I doubt that you would be able to walk 7,000 steps with a blood clot in your leg.

Anyone have any insight?
    Thanks 

Sure, stop Googling stuff. The only outcome of Googling is extra anxiety.

The chances of anything being wrong with you at 18 are practically zero.

All the sensations you experience (in this thread and others) are common with anxiety. The problem here is your reaction to benign symptoms, that's it.

When I was 18 I had chronic chest pain for about 8 months, I started to become concerned about obvious causes but luckily for me Google wasn't around then.

You just have to file this under 'shit happens' and get on with your life. The more you focus on it, the worse you'll feel.

Hey Nora, Joe, and glassgirl,

To update you guys, I went into the doctors today and she said everything is fine. She looked over all my tests and told me that there is NO real problem. She even examined my arms and legs. She ordered a blood test just to check my vitamin levels and muscle enzymes which I’m a tiny bit worried about but I’m hoping for the best!

You guys are the best for helping me out through my worst times. She also recommended me to maybe try therapy and gave me some helpful relaxation tips. You guys were right I guess! I lose hahaha

Hey Nora, Joe, and glassgirl,

To update you guys, I went into the doctors today and she said everything is fine. She looked over all my tests and told me that there is NO real problem. She even examined my arms and legs. She ordered a blood test just to check my vitamin levels and muscle enzymes which I’m a tiny bit worried about but I’m hoping for the best!
    She's being thorough as any good GP should. Deficiencies in vitamins etc can cause all kinds of 'scary' symptoms to the anxious mind. I'll give you an example here... A few years ago, I started to bleed spontaneously in my gums, and not only when I brushed my teeth. This was bang in the middle of my breakdown, so, you can imagine the state I was in? Anyway, this 'scary' symptom turned out to be low Vit D. GP bunged me on a high dose, then a maintenance dose, and I've been fine ever since - so try not to overthink this, ok?

You guys are the best for helping me out through my worst times. She also recommended me to maybe try therapy and gave me some helpful relaxation tips. You guys were right I guess! I lose hahaha
    Actually, you will win big time by following the advice

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Honestly dude, go out and get laid. You're 18. Girls, boys, whatever you like.

You won't care after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Honestly dude, go out and get laid. You're 18. Girls, boys, whatever you like.

You won't care after that.
    Make sure you maintain social distancing at all times though......

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Make sure you maintain social distancing at all times though......

Oh, of course.

Ignore me, do it virtually......gah. Is that what the kids do now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information