Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The WORST I’ve ever been

Re: The WORST I’ve ever been

Hahahahaha bro it’s funny you mention that because whenever I have a girl, I don’t get bad health anxiety. I don’t really have time to focus on it.

It only happens when I’m alone just overthinking my thoughts.

Re: The WORST I’ve ever been

Quote Originally Posted by MattBananafone34 View Post
    Hahahahaha bro it’s funny you mention that because whenever I have a girl, I don’t get bad health anxiety. I don’t really have time to focus on it.

It only happens when I’m alone just overthinking my thoughts.

The Cycle Continues

Recently I’ve been having strange symptoms that have been concerning me. Muscle twitches, soreness, pains, and even headaches that come and go. All I can think of is brain disorders.

Every morning I wake up feeling like I got hit by a truck. Just sluggish and terrible. This morning I was freezing and started shivering. Every year around this time I get sick with either a flu, a cold, or even allergies. But the shivering is really worrying me since I do not have a fever.

I went to the doctor 1 week ago and she examined me and saw my blood test came back perfect. She tested my vitamin levels, my basic organs, and my muscle function. And they all came back great. I don’t get what is causing me all these symptoms.

What if it’s a brain problem? :(

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: The Cycle Continues

It's a brain problem - specifically, a brain chemistry problem. This is what anxiety is.

Terrible

My health anxiety has been very bad lately when it comes to overthinking about my brain. I don’t know what to do I feel helpless.

I’ve been getting headaches, muscles twitches and aches, ringing in my left ear, some sinus pressure... I’m at a loss.

I threw up this morning that’s how bad my anxiety got. I couldn’t eat anything. I’m so mad at myself for doing this to myself. My doctor literally ordered a blood exam last week which came back all clear.
    I just can’t stop thinking that this is Brain problem.

I’m only 18 I really don’t know anymore.

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: Terrible

My health anxiety has been very bad lately when it comes to overthinking about my brain. I don’t know what to do I feel helpless.

I’ve been getting headaches, muscles twitches and aches, ringing in my left ear, some sinus pressure... I’m at a loss.

I threw up this morning that’s how bad my anxiety got. I couldn’t eat anything. I’m so mad at myself for doing this to myself. My doctor literally ordered a blood exam last week which came back all clear.
    I just can’t stop thinking that this is Brain problem.

I’m only 18 I really don’t know anymore.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Hi Matt,

I've had all these symptoms and many more. They are unpleasant and uncomfortable - painful even - but it's all to do with the stress response which is your wonderful brain doing exactly what it should - which is banging on the fight or flight response when you tell it that there is danger. In your case, there is no actual danger - it's an anxious thought - but the brain doesn't know the difference between a thought and what's real - it will respond because that's what it is designed to do, and the more it responds, the more of these symptoms you will have and the more sensitised you will become.

Take a look at Anxiety Centre which has a comprehensive list of anxiety symptoms and an explanation for almost all of them. This really helped me when I lost the plot because each time I'd get a weird symptom, and I'd say, 'This can't be anxiety!', I would look at the list, and there it was.

The brain will respond to your negative thoughts, but it will also respond to your positive ones. If you imagine something beautiful or pick out a really happy memory - your brain will knock off the fight or flight an start releasing the feel-good chemicals, but even if you feel as if you can't do that - just go with it all. None of these things will harm you. It's just your body trying to protect you.

Yeah this is all true Nora, you’re right. I’m so disappointed in myself for allowing myself to get back to this cycle.

But I’m still convinced something is wrong. I have been yawning a ton which google says can be a brain problem, same with headaches, twitching, ear ringing, vomiting when the anxiety gets too bad, and muscle aches. I’ve even lost a couple pounds because I have no appetite with anxiety.

I can’t handle this. I’ve gotten 2 blood tests this year and were both clear. I don’t get it.

I don’t get it.
    MattB...After two years on the site, I know you do get it. The number of all clears you've gotten from medical professionals alone indicates its not a physical issue. The real issue is what to do about it. If the advice and resources here aren't helping, then real life professional help with your mental state should be the next step.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I was in the same position as you i got to the point where i was so convinced it was the end of my life i collapsed by the door one evening and phoned my parents and told them i would not make the week the pain i was in over my body was horrendous and i lost loads of weight i see doctor after doctor i had 2 CT scans 2 MRI SCANS 1 Pet scan see several neurologists and psycologists years and years of it until one day i said to myself i have to take control of my brain my mind my life that was 7 years ago and now i am functioning at 90% i have done things in my life over the last few years that i would never imagine i could ever do , I am 43 and had anxiety from a young age of 6 i have gained control of my life you all so can Matt you have a whole life a head of you change your thinking try to focus on things you enjoy hope that helps.

Hey Fishmanpa, I love how you noticed the cycle I’ve gone through for the past 2 years. You’ve always been a great help during my lowest and I appreciate it. Lately it’s been a bit rough.

I’ll be fine throughout the whole afternoon and then I’ll feel a random symptom and suddenly my night is ruined. So strange that I get random headaches for the past 2 weeks.

However, I DO GET that anxiety is the main problem here. I’m trying to improve it everyday. Going through a minor setback recently I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information