Thread: Is chest pain when stressed normal?

Is chest pain when stressed normal?

like the title says I am just writing to see if its normal to have chest pain when feeling very stressed/ overwhelmed. Lately work has been very stressful and its getting to me a lot. The last few days I have been having an aching pain in the center of my chest off and on. My back is tight and sore too but I cant tell if its related. I guess I'm just wanting to know if I should be concerned or if anyone else experiences anything similar. I have an appointment to get checked out in 3 weeks. Cant come soon enough

Re: Is chest pain when stressed normal?

Very normal, very common.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraimoar View Post
    like the title says I am just writing to see if its normal to have chest pain when feeling very stressed/ overwhelmed. Lately work has been very stressful and its getting to me a lot. The last few days I have been having an aching pain in the center of my chest off and on. My back is tight and sore too but I cant tell if its related. I guess I'm just wanting to know if I should be concerned or if anyone else experiences anything similar. I have an appointment to get checked out in 3 weeks. Cant come soon enough
    Yes, enough to hospitalise me a few weeks ago when it ended up dialling 999 because I thought I was having a heart attack.

Six hours and a raft of blood tests and ECGs later in the local ED and the overall verdict was "an anxiety attack is the most plausible explanation". And it's not the first time I've ended up there either in the last ten years when under extreme stress and the end result has always been the same.

You'll be fine.

Thanks guys. I feel better knowing I'm not alone. My anxious brain can't rationalize things when they're happening to me. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Hope everyone is doing ok

Thread Information