Thread: Hypnotherapy

Hypnotherapy

Hi I’ve had my first session for hypnotherapy in regards to my chronic pain condition vulvodynia. During the session the pain got worse but us subsided . But this evening my anxiety had been playing up. Now I’m not sure if it’s because I was extremely nervous about hypnosis in the 1st place . Has any one had a similar experience or in fact any other experiences from hypnotherapy. I don’t want to give up yet but I don’t really want this anxiety either and if he can help that as well would be great. I think I will mention it to him at my next session.

Re: Hypnotherapy

Well I figured I may turn this into a bit of a diary now. So I sent an email and they said it can increase some symptoms to start with and although I slept badly due to anxiety and my buttfart of a cat tigger waking me up loss in the middle of the night . I am actually feeling better anxiety wise any today just very very 😴 . Anxiety just increased slightly when I think about my next session so I think I will see how a I feel and phone my hypnotist next week to talk about how I reacted . So part of me is nervous to continue but if it helps my anxiety and my pin in the long run it maybe worth it x

I had this therapy once for PTSD. I'm interested in seeing how yours goes. Thank you for sharing with us

Well the pain seems to be a Lot better still have a bit of background anxiety and I’m still feeling anxious about the next session as well. Feeling very spaced out doesn’t help my little girl couldn’t sleep so I offered her my space in my bed and slept on sofa

Had second session and this time we worked on the anxiety. And after this session very little anxiety for that day. How well it’s going to work in the long run I’m not sure. Feelings but anxious today but not slept well again thanks to pain. I’m hoping a few more sessions will help know it all on the head 🤔

Thread Information