Thread: Rice texture breasts

Rice texture breasts

I have bad OCD about checking my breasts, I’ve noticed the tissue that sits above the armpit crease and underneath the armpit feels like when you press down you hit a bumpy rice texture, the same on both sides. I’m really worried, is this normal or should it be completely smooth? Is it the muscle/bones under there? I have a doctors appointment for Monday but only just had my breaths checked last month. Please help :(

Re: Rice texture breasts

It's completely normal, no worries. Also, if you were checked last month things aren't going to have drastically changed since then.

Thank you for replying! That’s relieving to hear that someone else thinks that’s normal! Can I just ask, do you know what it is under there that would cause that texture? Is it the muscle?

Nope, it's glandular tissue. We're not actually smooth there, especially if you press down a bit.

Just to check, are you getting help for your anxiety?

I’ve tried 2 x 12 week rounds of CBT with different therapists, and that helped for a bit, but right now I’m back to spending everything day in tears fearing I’m dying of something. I desperately want to find something else to try and help but I’m not sure what to try. Doctor tried amitriptyline and sertraline but I couldn’t cope with the side effects

That's a tremendous shame - I empathise. Have you tried some of the free online help available on the site?

Mindfulness can be tremendously helpful, too - from experience, it's just a matter of gently nudging your thoughts back on track.

Thread Information