Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Stop me spiralling, please.

Re: Stop me spiralling, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria84 View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm scared of death, its that I'm scared of leaving my son. I love him so much I could burst.
    I get that. That was the problem with me too...

Part of loving your son is that you need to control your HA so that you can give him good memories of you, and not a legacy of fear. You get me?

You are here now. X

I completely understand what you mean, putting in to practise is a different kettle of fish! Got my appointment through for 26th October. X

I completely understand what you mean, putting in to practise is a different kettle of fish! Got my appointment through for 26th October. X
    If this was your son going through this, you would be pulling out all the stops to ease his fears, wouldn't you? You have it in you. You just need to make the decision to feel like shit, but get on with your life for the next 10 days, and for however long it takes you to gain control of your health anxiety.

It's all about reframing how you think...

I'll give you an example...

My mother died and six years later I was still feeling sad and dwelling on her last moments. One day the thought came into my mind that I am a mother too and how would I feel if my children were still carrying that amount of sadness and pain 6 years after my death? I was mortified!! From that moment, the darkness lifted and all it took was to reframe the situation - which is what I'm suggesting you to do.

Thank you Nora. X

Re: Stop me spiralling, please breast cancer massive fear.

I found a lump about 2 and a half years ago at the age of 22. I was so scared and convinced I was dying. I went to the doctor who also could feel it and my heart sank when she actually booked me in for a semi emergency scan for a week's time. The whole time leading up to it I was imaging my parents at my funeral and wondering if I'd go out in pain or not. Turns out, it was my boobs going through a growth spurt and it was just a breast bud. They can happen apparently lol. I read about Ruby Rose randomly going from an A cup to a D cup in her late twenties and it wasn't due to weight gain. Breasts are weird and mine are full of weird lumps and bumps, breasts just feel like someone has shoved a load of sweet corn into a sock to me haha.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I love it, sweetcorn in a sock 😂 Thats exactly how mine feel!

So as well as going in to my appointment on my own because of Covid, my partner can't get the day off work to drop me off and look after our son, I'm now going to have to tell my mum and dad so they can have him which I didnt want to have to do.

My appointment is tomorrow and I'm really not doing well this morning so far.

My appointment is tomorrow and I'm really not doing well this morning so far.
    Let us know how you go on.

Thinking of you. X

Thank you Nora, everything was fine. I had a manual exam first and I think the consultant would have happily sent me home she couldn't feel anything at all. I had an ultrasound of the breast and armpit and it was clear, I examined them when I got home so I know how they should feel from now on and i couldn't feel the lump at all. I just need to stop this health anxiety now before it starts on something else. I've had shoulder blade pain for 2 years ever since my son was born, been to two physiotherapists, logically its because im tensing myself up and its knackered from carrying the baby seat for a year and a half on my weaker shoulder so the next step is not to let that run away with me now, oh the joys of the brain. X

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information