Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Stop me spiralling, please.

Re: Stop me spiralling, please.

So glad that it all went fine and definitely a good idea to use this check as a baseline now x

Re: Stop me spiralling, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria84 View Post
    Thank you Nora, everything was fine.
    This is where you address the health anxiety Victoria, because if you don't it won't be too long before another symptom drags you back down that hole.

Remember how convincing HA can be, and make no mistake, it will try again and again until you accept the potential for illnesses and the absolute certainty of dying and death.

In order to live, you need to accept these things and it really is the only way that you will control health anxiety, and even then it will always try and test you.

You are applying logic only after you've been given the all clear - which is easy. You must learn to apply logic beforehand. Had you have done so, this thread wouldn't exist.

The brain can trained out of HA. It's hard work because it's easier to flip out than it is to work against the negative bias.

Remember that your body has taken an absolute hammering from stress hormones during this stressful period and it will take time to desensitise, and that's providing you don't move onto something else. You will have physical symptoms, and for a while yet. This is to be expected. Just accept them for what they are.

I'm happy for you that you have the all clear. I'm not at all surprised, but I'm still happy. Hopefully you will make these past few weeks count for something, and use this as the start of your recovery from health anxiety. X
    Last edited by NoraB; 29-10-20 at 07:45.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information