Thread: Daughters poorly

Daughters poorly

Last weekend my 9 year old work up with what we thought was the sniffles. Little bit of a cough and just felt a bit rubbish. She went to school on Monday and seemed ok. I leave for work at 5.30 and hubby leaves at 8 so my parents take little one to school each morning she told my mum she didn’t feel well at stayed with her until I could get home at lunch time. Again she seemed ok, but of a cough and sniffles. In the afternoon she was chatting to her best friend who said her family were now self isolating as the step dad had tested positive. I spoke to the mum who said it was true she was too late to be tested but they were assuming she had it as she felt unwell.

This completely sent me into a whirlwind and I called 119 who suggested we self isolate and get our daughter a test. We did on Wednesday and it came back negative on Thursday. We went back to work daughter again stayed with my parents as she had a runny nose, felt a bit rubbish and seeing it was Friday we didn’t think it would hurt. I let the school know everything and they believe I over reacted. We didn’t need to get our daughter tested as the other families step dad doesn’t live with them and our daughter hadn’t had direct contact with him.

Fast forward to yesterday (Saturday) daughter woke up coughing with a phlegmy cough and dry throat but seemed much brighter. By yesterday afternoon she had a small constant cough. I know I overreact to things but even hubby was Googling coughs and thinking maybe this is something to worry about.

She’s slept next to me last night and hasn’t coughed once, there’s no temperature and her breathing sounds clear

What’s the likelihood that we had a false negative because I got her tested too soon?

Thinking back when she was chatting to her friend the little girl also had a cough and said her throat was sore but she sounded quite gunky

Re: Daughters poorly

My youngest had a cough for about a week last week and was off school for 2-3 days. Kids get coughs all the time, so don't assume everything is Covid.

I had a sore throat at the same time for about 36 hours, but it passed.

Worry about it if it gets worse, or anybody else starts feeling rubbish. She's had the test, stop looking for issues that (as far as you can be aware of) simply don't exist.

Thank you, she seems to be feeling better as they days gone on. It’s rubbish how last year we wouldn’t have given a cold a second thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakebeansrule View Post
    Thank you, she seems to be feeling better as they days gone on. It’s rubbish how last year we wouldn’t have given a cold a second thought!
    It is what it is.

So not covid?

Thread Information