Thread: Hi new to forum

Hi new to forum

Hi everyone, just joined this forum today in need of some support. I have been suffering from anxiety and depression for about 6 months. Have just started taking Citalopram 10mg today and feeling pretty nervous about side effects, was on this medication 16 years ago For postnatal depression and I know it worked well. Anyone else manage to Continue working whilst starting up on meds.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Linny56 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi new to forum

Quote Originally Posted by Linny56 View Post
    Hi everyone, just joined this forum today in need of some support. I have been suffering from anxiety and depression for about 6 months. Have just started taking Citalopram 10mg today and feeling pretty nervous about side effects, was on this medication 16 years ago For postnatal depression and I know it worked well. Anyone else manage to Continue working whilst starting up on meds.
    Hi Linny and welcome, you’ll find plenty of help and support here. I have been on and off Citalopram a few times over the years and started on them again on 13th June, started on 20mg which didn’t seem to do the trick so then went up to 30mg. This is the highest dose i’ve ever been on but they have really worked well for me and i feel 100% better than i did before. Yes i did work all the way through although to be honest i felt so bad somedays that i just wanted to hide under the duvet but i just kept telling myself that i would improve and everyday was a day further along the path to feeling better.
    You probably know from experience that its not an instant fix and it will take time to feel the benefits but you will get there, always here to offer support if you need. Take care.

Hi Redsmum, thanks for your reply.
    I’m glad to hear that you are feeling better now that you are on a higher dose. I have only started on a low dose of 10mg, already started to feel some anxiety after just one day but that could just be my mind playing tricks with me, I was feeling pretty anxious about starting them again. Hoping I will cope with going into work this week.
    Thanks for your support.

Hey Linny - welcome

Hi Linny,

I worked through starting citalopram without any problems. The only time I needed to take time off work was a single afternoon after I stepped up to 20mg - the first day or so after starting/increasing my dose I always felt properly high, not unpleasant in the least but not really conducive to IT work

Thread Information