Thread: Bruising easily - Perimenopause?

Bruising easily - Perimenopause?

I'm wondering if other women my age or similar (50) have experienced bruising as a symptom of perimenopause? I have very pale skin and always bruised easily but lately it's worse than normal. I had a full blood count 6 months ago and it was all good. I take garlic capsules to help with blood pressure as well as prescribed medication for it. I can mostly account for the bruises but lately it seems very little impact can result in a nasty looking bruise. I have seen my gp almost monthly since January for one thing or another and am truly reluctant to go again. Anyone experienced similar? Would a blood panel 6 months ago have shown anything truly sinister. I also had an ecg. Also fine.

Re: Bruising easily - Perimenopause?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly queen View Post
    I'm wondering if other women my age or similar (50) have experienced bruising as a symptom of perimenopause? I have very pale skin and always bruised easily but lately it's worse than normal. I had a full blood count 6 months ago and it was all good. I take garlic capsules to help with blood pressure as well as prescribed medication for it. I can mostly account for the bruises but lately it seems very little impact can result in a nasty looking bruise. I have seen my gp almost monthly since January for one thing or another and am truly reluctant to go again. Anyone experienced similar? Would a blood panel 6 months ago have shown anything truly sinister. I also had an ecg. Also fine.
    I get this. I also have fibromyalgia, and there is a tendency to put a lot of things down to that, but we have less collagen in our skin during the menopause - it's thinner - therefore, less protected and it makes sense to me that we might bruise more easily?

If you had clear bloods 6 months ago - they are still relevant, and if there wasn't anything then, it's unlikely there will be something now.

Re: Bruising easily - Perimenopause?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I get this. I also have fibromyalgia, and there is a tendency to put a lot of things down to that, but we have less collagen in our skin during the menopause - it's thinner - therefore, less protected and it makes sense to me that we might bruise more easily?

If you had clear bloods 6 months ago - they are still relevant, and if there wasn't anything then, it's unlikely there will be something now.
    Thankyou so much

Thread Information