Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Re: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    When my daughters bubble was isolating they had 4 zoom calls a day and the teacher talked through the work and then left them to it until the next call. Even though I had to do the work with her (her class is age 6-7), I found the structure good. They saw their teacher and friends still and we’re not just completely left to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, since I have older kids, what I do is I pre-record all of my teaching that accompanies each assignment, so they can watch the video as they do the work, and then that frees me up to do individual or small-group tutoring or just answer questions. I'll be honest, I usually get more questions regarding tech help than I do about history or English.

I heard the lockdown could get tougher it’s very hard on mental health. I go to work go home go to work go home. Seems little end to it and sadly Jan/Feb look dark months ahead. They won’t commit to 2 million vaccines a week so it could drag on and on. I want to try and be positive but it seems there is none right now. I read a headline the Oxford vaccine won’t work with the South Africa variant I mean what then do they have to restart the vaccines scratch and revaccinate?

Have I developed tinnitus or can I hear a whining sound?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I heard the lockdown could get tougher it’s very hard on mental health. I go to work go home go to work go home. Seems little end to it and sadly Jan/Feb look dark months ahead. They won’t commit to 2 million vaccines a week so it could drag on and on. I want to try and be positive but it seems there is none right now. I read a headline the Oxford vaccine won’t work with the South Africa variant I mean what then do they have to restart the vaccines scratch and revaccinate?
    We're all taking it day by day. that's reality. No sense in speculating and making yourself sick over it. Just listen to the experts. Wear a mask, social distance and use proper hygiene.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Good god Phil. One minute you're saying you're terrified of getting Covid yourself, then the next you're saying it's only a mild illness for most.

And I can't for the life of me believe that such hard-line restrictions against going outdoors and exercising are likely nor even a remotely feasible option, especially as we already don't have enough officers to police the existing restrictions as it is, so therefore impracticable.

In fact, talking of France, our authorities and border control personnel even failed to stop certain Brits from sneaking over there to partake in illegal raves there on NYE. Covidiots at their most cunning, conniving and desperate IMO!

I shall have no sympathy whatsoever if any of them go on to test positive, as they all basically asked for it!

Call me heartless and shoot me down in flames all you like over my previous two paragraphs but sorry, that just smacks of blatant self-infliction, as everyone has been forewarned of the potential consequences if they fail to stick by the official Covid guidelines!
    This is very true we don’t have the resources. Maybe a Tier 5 for England will happen. I mean we went from stuff open to stuff closed and numbers went down I fail to see how Tier 4 (lockdown essentially) can drop numbers by going into lockdown which is same as Tier 4 other than schools not being closed.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So what rules do YOU want, Phil? Just write them down so we all know and then you don't need to ask any more questions on here as we will know your agenda.
    Well masks don’t work numbers are high but we won’t start a mask debate. You can close clothes shops and buy clothes in Tesco what’s the difference? Plus transmission in pubs was always quite low. Clearly they will want to increase vaccination faster rather than these never ending rules

They are closing schools for a month seemingly but what I don’t get is schools have been closed what maybe 2 weeks due to Xmas and numbers are rising anyway. I mean I think we are seeing the Xmas rise?

Phil, masks work. Do some reading: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/n...avirus-spread/

What doesn't work is people getting together in close quarters, which is what people have done over the holidays, especially when they take their masks off indoors to eat or drink. They have also traveled. Plus add in a new variant which spreads easier, and yes, you see the rise. Schools should close. I work in one. They are cesspools of germs.

Vee, I couldn't agree more. I work behind perspex screens and the first thing every student does is lean around the side of them. Ours are mostly 16-18, but they're still kids and you can't stop them thinking they're immortal (not a complaint).

Phil, I get that you're scared. However, the bald truth is that preventing millions of deaths matters way more than mental health issues caused by phobias or simply missing the old normal. Life goes on, and for now we simply have to go with the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Vee, I couldn't agree more. I work behind perspex screens and the first thing every student does is lean around the side of them. Ours are mostly 16-18, but they're still kids and you can't stop them thinking they're immortal (not a complaint).

Phil, I get that you're scared. However, the bald truth is that preventing millions of deaths matters way more than mental health issues caused by phobias or simply missing the old normal. Life goes on, and for now we simply have to go with the flow.
    Yeah, I don’t even know how you do it, Iris. I have enough trouble trying to help and check in with every student in a 50 minute period, I can’t even imagine how much time you lose cleaning off a pencil for everyone who needs to borrow one or keeping kids separated who want to get too close. Have you had to become a social distancing enforcer as well as the 100 other hats we wear as teachers?

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread Information