Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Re: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Yeah, I don't know, Terry. I think the problem again lies in all-or-nothing thinking. Here people think that if you support BLM, you don't support the police. I support both. The police here deal with some very f-ed up people and are often asked to solve social issues and problems not of their making. The social problems and racism are the same reason that black people are targeted by police disproportionately. If we all realized that both groups are really dealing with the same issues, we could solve them a lot faster.

Bad news about Wales non essential retail closing before Xmas is bad news

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Bad news about Wales non essential retail closing before Xmas is bad news
    It is, but it's only intended to be for a fortnight though, provisionally ending on 9th November.

My area is level 3 same as Glasgow despite us recording 40 cases per day vs 400 Glasgow. I know people in England have been frustrated. The town I use to live locally has recorded zero cases for a week yet local cinemas (Vue) as cineworld is closed will now close too. I understand there is a virus but I asked my local MP to explain when say my area doesn’t have cases why we are almost in full lockdown? Is anyone else here feeling a little frustrated? I imagine in France and Germany people feel much worse as it’s full lockdown. If we go full lockdown here for Xmas that’s not really very good is it? Are we meant to trust this government? I know you have a pro lockdown and anti lockdown divide like Brexit. Be interested to hear people’s thoughts or if you stay in Wales how are you coping with a 2nd lockdown?

So to confirm level 3 pubs can open again (no drink) cinema closes. Wonder where the sense is.

So to confirm level 3 pubs can open again (no drink) cinema closes. Wonder where the sense is.
    Dunno mate, does seem a bit odd, especially as it's easier to social distance in a cinema/theatre auditorium than in a non-food pub, especially if the seating is designated for sitting on or not.

Personally I think it's mass gatherings in people's own homes that's one of the biggest problems ATM, but are sadly less visible to the real world, unlike pubs, leisure venues, non-essential shops, etc, that are far easier to stick the knife into and play the blame game on.

Seems we may not even get these new tiers. Tomorrow’s newspapers reckon we are going full Boris lockdown from next week. What is everyone’s thoughts on this?

Seems we may not even get these new tiers. Tomorrow’s newspapers reckon we are going full Boris lockdown from next week. What is everyone’s thoughts on this?
    If it’s needed it’s needed. The cases have spiralled ridiculously over the past 2 months and if we’re wandering into a territory of hospitals being overwhelmed then we need to do what we can to prevent that. It sucks, but let’s be honest, this year as a whole has fu*king sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    If it’s needed it’s needed. The cases have spiralled ridiculously over the past 2 months and if we’re wandering into a territory of hospitals being overwhelmed then we need to do what we can to prevent that. It sucks, but let’s be honest, this year as a whole has fu*king sucked.
    I agree with Gary. That's what we had to do in my county and it worked. Back in end of June/beg of July we had a positivity rating of 9.6%. We went back on lockdown meaning everyone wore masks, schools were to do online learning, restaurants and gyms operated in their parking lots, theme parks stayed closed, no audiences for sports, and no mass gatherings. Now we are at a 3.2% rate in my county, and my county has over 3 million people in a major urban area with all types of people. Now we're just waiting to ride out the holidays and see how that affects our numbers. It sucks, but it's better than getting sick.

Do you guys not worry about the rising mental health crisis and missed hospital treatment due to lockdowns though? I read more could die from things other than Covid?

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information