Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Re: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Phil, not gonna lie here. Any time there is a natural disaster, and an epidemic is one of them, the already existing health and social problems in a society get worse. Be we can't do anything about that other than to vote and be part of the political process and try to elect leaders that make decisions based on what's best for both the majority and the most vulnerable among us.

At some point you have to try to narrow down your worries to what you actually have control over. Otherwise, you'll have worried your whole life away before you know it.

Assuming Johnson doesn't try and weasel his way out of it, it looks like England could be in full lockdown from Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Do you guys not worry about the rising mental health crisis and missed hospital treatment due to lockdowns though? I read more could die from things other than Covid?
    Yes. My mum has been ill since March. We've only just managed to get the first assessment in recent weeks because they shut the service down to new patients. We had no help, no support. Our GPs were lacklustre and trying to treat the odd things they found in blood tests rather than get to a real diagnosis. And all along only we have had to deal with the issues.

We will be one of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Assuming Johnson doesn't try and weasel his way out of it, it looks like England could be in full lockdown from Wednesday.
    Looking that way. It's just getting worse around my way.

NI looks like they might have turned the corner.

Trouble is, it's only stalling the inevitable next wave.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes. My mum has been ill since March. We've only just managed to get the first assessment in recent weeks because they shut the service down to new patients. We had no help, no support. Our GPs were lacklustre and trying to treat the odd things they found in blood tests rather than get to a real diagnosis. And all along only we have had to deal with the issues.

We will be one of many.
    It's appalling, Terry. Exhausting for you and your Dad and very distressing for your Mum. I'm used to being an unsupported carer but it's got even worse now. You just feel very isolated and on your own which is daunting and frightening.

I don't know why the govt can't just start this forthcoming 'second' lockdown from Monday, or even from tomorrow (Sunday) rather than specifically wait until Wednesday.

And for all of the Covidiots who will be moaning and groaning and accusing the govt of tyranny and the like, I'm afraid it's tough t**ties (please excuse my French)!! They're the ones mostly responsible for this current situation, so therefore, they have to own it.

I do feel sorry for all those whose jobs and livelihoods are on the line once again, and not forgetting those with already severe mental health issues, again because of all this, mostly caused by the poxy Covidiots being selfishly in denial and blatantly refusing to co-operate with the rules. Shame on them all!!

I personally will probably find this second lockdown easier than the first one back in the spring, especially as it's now approaching the winter period and there's generally less worth doing outdoors this time of year, so I can just settle down into the cosiness of my own home and own little world during these long cold dark evenings and shut out the mad, bad real world at will.

I'm glad that we will know more at 4pm today. Best to have it from official sources rather than it being leaked to the media.

Make that 5pm today! Obviously some last minute changes for Boris's script writer..
    Last edited by pulisa; 31-10-20 at 13:58.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

We will be one of many.
    And I think your situation and that of others whose loved ones have had their treatment curtailed or cancelled because of Covid are the true victims here. Not the whingers or the self-entitled who can't cope with being told "no". We're not all in this together-many people have it far far worse and they are entirely unsupported. They won't be the ones moaning though. They never are.

They'd better announce it soon else it'll run into "Strictly Come Dancing" and then there'll be riots!

They'd better announce it soon else it'll run into "Strictly Come Dancing" and then there'll be riots!
    It's certainly time for a Last Tango In Paris..but it'll be a Cha Cha Challenge to get the Great British Public to comply with a national lockdown., I fear

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information