Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Re: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Well how long can you have COVID for? I think he will be a risk for a while
    If you don’t have a temperature after ten days from your symptoms first developing your isolation can end. You’re most likely not infectious in the absence of a temperature as it shows your body is no longer fighting a live virus.

I wonder why they are talking about another lockdown when cases in Scotland have dropped from over 1000 a day to 700 per day?

I know N Ireland and Wales have just gone into lockdown. But in Scotland cases are not rising but seems to be videos from nhs online saying case numbers are rising. The numbers are rising in England but not Scotland

No need to worry then.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    No need to worry then.
    Its going down but they could make a “political” choice perhaps with the pressure of Wales and NI going into lockdown this could pressure England too?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Yes I am Lencoboy, fully recovered now. My mother also had it and she’s also made a full recovery. We’ve both been asked to donate blood plasma, we need to wait until 28 days after recovery then we’re both going to do it.

Thanks for asking.
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Its going down but they could make a “political” choice perhaps with the pressure of Wales and NI going into lockdown this could pressure England too?
    We'll be going back into lockdown soon after Xmas if the tiers aren't enough. It's only ever about holding back the tide until the vaccination have protected enough of the vulnerable and the hospital admissions drop.

As for Scotland I suppose they will just stick with the tiers if they are working. Or she will decide on a lockdown if she thinks it will do her image good.

Level 4 for 3 weeks after Xmas. Notice a few on my Facebook struggle with mental health due to this new lockdown. Sad times

I think Scotland are doing the full lockdown thing from Boxing day onwards mostly as a precautionary measure, rather than due to this new strain genuinely running riot there.

I reckon it's odds on that Boris and Matt will do the same throughout the whole of England as well from Boxing Day onwards. And despite the fact that in my region (West Mids) confirmed cases of this new strain are the second lowest in England ATM (and waaay down on London and the SE), I would personally welcome it, if only as a precaution at this stage, regardless of the actual threat.

The only real hope I have right now is the fact that more vaccines are on the horizon over the coming weeks/months, and I really hope they start getting doled out ASAP.

I think the danger is that those fleeing London and the South East last night will take more than their luggage with them. So much for the Great British Public...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think the danger is that those fleeing London and the South East last night will take more than their luggage with them. So much for the Great British Public...
    This is what frightens me too - viral hitch-hikers. Also disturbing is that King's Cross is to be closed over the entire Christmas period (and part of the New Year) for major engineering works so at some point there will be people swarming around at Peterborough to continue their journey south...

https://www.lner.co.uk/travel-inform...coast-upgrade/

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information