Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Re: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Maybe people who are too anxious to wear a mask should be shielding as well? Maybe they shouldn't be allowed to decide their own risks because they do indeed promote the risks for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    What that lady has wrong in her tweet is that these aren't individualized decisions. People don't "decide their own risks" by not getting a vaccine. They help promote the risks for everyone.

Here's something for you to read Phil...this scientist out of Texas A & M university says that out of any pseudo-science over the years, the anti-vaccine movement has done the most damage, and its still continuing on now: https://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2015/02...seudo-science/
    You're so right Vee, but don't expect Phil to understand any kind of obligation towards helping people other than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Maybe people who are too anxious to wear a mask should be shielding as well? Maybe they shouldn't be allowed to decide their own risks because they do indeed promote the risks for everyone.
    Shield for a virus with a 98% recovery rate? Have we not shut enough of the economy down? Clearly you missed the tweet I sent as it was dismissed and it was a fact not speculation

And since the tweet was dismissed I shall post here

“Just 377 healthy people under 60 have died of Covid. That's not a typo. There are no zeros missing. 377. Yes, that's sad but we have locked down an entire country for a virus that mostly kills the very old & the very sick. The rest of us should be free to decide our own risks.”

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Shield for a virus with a 98% recovery rate? Have we not shut enough of the economy down? Clearly you missed the tweet I sent as it was dismissed and it was a fact not speculation
    Why are you so worried about getting Covid then if it's such a piece of p*ss?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why are you so worried about getting Covid then if it's such a piece of p*ss?
    It depends which source you want to read did you listen to the media you would never go out I mean that generation there is always scare stories. I actually studied media so almost became a journalist myself and learned all about it but I am glad in the end in never went down that career path.

It depends which source you want to read did you listen to the media you would never go out I mean that generation there is always scare stories. I actually studied media so almost became a journalist myself and learned all about it but I am glad in the end in never went down that career path.
    So am I...yet you believe everything you read anyway. Why are you so afraid of getting Covid?

And since the tweet was dismissed I shall post here

“Just 377 healthy people under 60 have died of Covid. That's not a typo. There are no zeros missing. 377. Yes, that's sad but we have locked down an entire country for a virus that mostly kills the very old & the very sick. The rest of us should be free to decide our own risks.”
    Yes Phil but a civilised society protects its most vulnerable, it doesn't throw them to the wolves. Unless you want a return to Nazi Germany? Lots of 'burdens on society' dealt with there. People like my wife who is under 60 with a collection of health conditions. Shall I kick her out into the street right now Phil? Let nature take its course?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Yes Phil but a civilised society protects its most vulnerable, it doesn't throw them to the wolves. Unless you want a return to Nazi Germany? Lots of 'burdens on society' dealt with there. People like my wife who is under 60 with a collection of health conditions. Shall I kick her out into the street right now Phil? Let nature take its course?
    Otherwise known as Aktion T4.

As for "decide our own risks" - presumably that doesn't include the risk you may pose to others? As ever, it's the selfish maggots who think of no-one but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    What that lady has wrong in her tweet is that these aren't individualized decisions. People don't "decide their own risks" by not getting a vaccine. They help promote the risks for everyone.

Here's something for you to read Phil...this scientist out of Texas A & M university says that out of any pseudo-science over the years, the anti-vaccine movement has done the most damage, and its still continuing on now: https://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2015/02...seudo-science/
    Since you ignored it the first time, here it is again, Phil.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread Information