Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Re: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Yes it was the Great Barrington Declaration advocating this approach, and to further the discussion, I don't think you can shield someone. OK perhaps if you were living in a huge country mansion with servants, you could possibly shut yourself off in the west wing with meals left outside your door.

But back in the real world, Mrs F has been attempting to shield since mid October. However she, myself and our 21 year old daughter live in a pokey little semi owned by a housing association. With the bathroom, Mrs F's, mine and daughter's bedrooms separated by a small landing, we are breathing in each other's air. And we all know covid becomes aerosolised. So unless Mrs F's door is permanently shut and taped up, if myself or daughter contract it, everyone will. And said daughter works in Spar. So shielding with any kind of confidence is not practical.
    ...and there is why the Great Barrington Declaration is a pile of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Sorry Phil, but surely had we not had the lockdowns and various other restrictions since March the number of otherwise healthy individuals lost to Covid could very well have been far higher. And I'm not saying it as some smart alec either.

Surely you have admitted several times on here about being terrified of catching Covid yourself, but on the other hand you have seemingly contradicted yourself by admitting to being against many of the anti-Covid measures so far!

Just doesn't make a lick of sense to me.
    They are telling us vaccinate 15 million people and we get back to normal so what does normal look like? Do they give a hoots if healthy people catch it? Or will masks and social distancing continue. They don’t quite say what lifting restrictions looks like as dropping down a few levels and only having 20 people at a wedding is not normal life but no doubt the government will fob us off with these tiers for as long as possible.

The penny just isn't dropping is it Phil. What part of 'the government are not going to base their covid policies around Phil on NMP' are you having trouble with? The lights are on but nobody's home.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    The penny just isn't dropping is it Phil. What part of 'the government are not going to base their covid policies around Phil on NMP' are you having trouble with? The lights are on but nobody's home.
    Wait, the world doesn't revolve around Phil?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Wait, the world doesn't revolve around Phil?
    It’s in everybody’s interests that Covid is under control and the pandemic ends

Yes, but the way you speak on this thread Phil, you make it seem like you only care about your interests.

Yes, but the way you speak on this thread Phil, you make it seem like you only care about your interests.
    I would like to go back to normal but I am sure others feel the same. Time will tell

I agree and it's always been about him.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I agree and it's always been about him.

FMP
    It could be that it's more difficult for Phil to put himself in someone else's place though.

Personally I wish the govt had simply gone the whole hog and put the whole of England in Tier 4 from Boxing Day even if only for about 2-3 weeks, but sadly they just seem to keep playing for time and pussyfooting around the Covid deniers. Especially as today's cases are the highest on record so far, though that could also be attributed to catch-up from the past 3-4 days.

Still very little news on the Oxford AZ vaccine, which they also seem to be 'playing for time' with.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 28-12-20 at 18:43.

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information