Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Re: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Sturgeon has announced £40m to help industry.

I'm glad the 2m rule is making a comeback. Once they dropped that I saw many people not bother at all. And putting pressure on business who have also relaxed is a good thing.

It's harsh on the pubs but they will be one of the big factors. Just look at the pictures of idiots in city centres not following any of the rules.

Labour are a dying breed in Scotland. It's up to you guys whether you want to keep endorsing Nicola's quest for independence. The last GE only instructed her to push harder.
    I agree wholeheartedly with your second paragraph, Terry.

I thought the supermarkets made a big mistake ditching the store marshals, one-way systems and 2-metre distancing rules. Same also with the govt starting to let people have holidays abroad again.

Now look at what's happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

I thought the supermarkets made a big mistake ditching the store marshals, one-way systems and 2-metre distancing rules. Same also with the govt starting to let people have holidays abroad again.

Tbh Lencoboy I see apathy towards covid everywhere now. In my own family for a start. I went to my Dad's this morning after phoning him first. I got there and he told me he had a headache and felt shivery, I just wish he'd told me first. I relayed this to my son on the phone and I could almost hear the sigh. Wife and daughter too are both fed up with it. And they think I'm not? 'All in this together' has gone stale.

Yeah, I agree. The door marshals, one way systems and shopper spacing were good. Sadly it costs them money so they do it when they are told. Just like the limiting of sales of certain products.

I hardly see anyone cleaning their hands up in entry. Till staff don't either which is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Tbh Lencoboy I see apathy towards covid everywhere now. In my own family for a start. I went to my Dad's this morning after phoning him first. I got there and he told me he had a headache and felt shivery, I just wish he'd told me first. I relayed this to my son on the phone and I could almost hear the sigh. Wife and daughter too are both fed up with it. And they think I'm not? 'All in this together' has gone stale.
    I totally agree that the 'all in this together' thing has now sadly gone out the window and many seem to have stopped caring. And the UK is not alone, the same is also happening across much of mainland Europe.

And those Covidiots can whinge and moan to their heart's content about the restrictions to come in England next week, when they're the ones who essentially asked for them themselves by deliberately failing to stick to the rules.

Now we're all having to suffer because of them!!

I totally agree that the 'all in this together' thing has now sadly gone out the window and many seem to have stopped caring. And the UK is not alone, the same is also happening across much of mainland Europe.

And those Covidiots can whinge and moan to their heart's content about the restrictions to come in England next week, when they're the ones who essentially asked for them themselves by deliberately failing to stick to the rules.

Now we're all having to suffer because of them!!
    I read a while back about psychology is having an effect. For example it’s unnatural for humans not to hug or shake hands. What they are asking is very difficult and not sustainable in the long term. I read a post a while back how most “Corona viruses” settle down into society. A vaccine they say won’t get rid of it it may always be a risk but a small one. Lockdowns are not going to work long term and as time goes on less people will listen.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I read a while back about psychology is having an effect. For example it’s unnatural for humans not to hug or shake hands. What they are asking is very difficult and not sustainable in the long term. I read a post a while back how most “Corona viruses” settle down into society. A vaccine they say won’t get rid of it it may always be a risk but a small one. Lockdowns are not going to work long term and as time goes on less people will listen.
    It's by no means gospel that vaccines won't get rid of the virus (or that they will, obviously). We just have to wait and see.

I think you need to pay less attention to the serial antivaxxers, conspiracy theorists and the fake news-mongers, and seek info from the more reliable, trustworthy sources.

I feel just as frustrated and demoralised as you (and many others) right now, but unfortunately it's a situation that still remains beyond our control, and that's the way it is until things finally start to change for the better, which I'm positive they will eventually.

At the moment, I am trying to help a young man on another forum who has concluded that social distancing and the wearing of masks will be permanent and only complete suppression will eliminate the virus.

I'm really at a loss at how to point him in the right direction to overcome this fear.

I suspect it will be an impossible task, PM..despite your best efforts.

Unfortunately, I think social distancing and mask wearing will be around for awhile. But it's not the end of the world.

It's by no means gospel that vaccines won't get rid of the virus (or that they will, obviously). We just have to wait and see.

I think you need to pay less attention to the serial antivaxxers, conspiracy theorists and the fake news-mongers, and seek info from the more reliable, trustworthy sources.

I feel just as frustrated and demoralised as you (and many others) right now, but unfortunately it's a situation that still remains beyond our control, and that's the way it is until things finally start to change for the better, which I'm positive they will eventually.
    It's ok since we should have excellent stocks of vaccine from the UK and EU countries given America's Nancy Pelosi is concerned about our lower standards. I don't think she realises our standards match a minimum in the EU until at least next year and the EMA themselves, until recently having to transfer back into an EU country, were based in London (and many staff have remained here).

So I assume she also won't accept vaccines from any EU country given their lower standards?

Funny really when over here the debate rages about a deal with the US and concerns we could lower our standards to allow their food in. That's regulated by the FDA? And the reason we currently won't import it is the EU standards prevent it.

Apologies to our American friends on here. I'm sure when our politicians talk about your issues they are just as clueless.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information