Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Re: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55531069

People in Scotland are to be ordered to stay at home until the end of January amid a fresh Covid-19 lockdown.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said new curbs would be introduced at midnight in a bid to contain the new, faster-spreading strain of the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I couldn't believe Boris's words last night, he said 'Things will get worse before they get better'.

Well for crying out loud Boris, just go the whole hog and impose a full-on third national lockdown for once and for all and stop faffing about playing for time as usual. Also keep all schools shut until further notice.

But as per usual, it's all talk and little to no action from him.

And if he loses in the opinion polls, tough!

He and his fellow cronies need to own their mammoth screw-ups, and like I've already said a gazillion times before, Labour have been shunned and booted out of power for far lesser things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    How Boris and Co still managed to remain ahead in the opinion polls for the most part of last year (2020) is beyond me.

Labour most certainly would have been toast by now had this pandemic happened under them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6qD1EO1T9c
    These guys led by Vincent Racaniello. The younger woman (Breanne Barker) is an immunologist and states the vaccines are designed to attack all parts of the covid spike protein, not just the few that have changed. She's not worried. The discussions are very long and 'geeky' but fascinating.

The mainstream media should be held to account for sensationalist headlines. Just how many vulnerable people (like us) could be prompted towards doing something silly? This is bad enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    It’s simply a case of the new strain being a bit of an unknown quantity. They can’t say any vaccine will work on it as they probably still haven’t completely broken it down.

Again, there will be variants of this virus that are better at evading vaccination. That’s just biology for you. However, it would take no longer than around two months to tweak any vaccine to become effective.

Coronaviruses are coronaviruses. They invade cells by using a spike protein to latch on to other cells. If they do not have this spike protein then they are not coronaviruses. The Pfizer, Moderna and Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine all target this spike protein. Any other mutation within the virus will involve proteins that don’t really alter the viruses main route into a cell. For that reason, most vaccines will be effective against ALL strains of coronavirus, it’s just a question of how effective.

Again, these are things witnessed every day in life by microbiologists, it’s just that right now they are dealing with a virus that is transmitting across the globe and any mutation or variant of it is headline news.
    Brilliant summary Gary, thank you.

Not doing well today.

Sorry you're suffering. It's a scary day, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Not doing well today.
    Sorry to hear that...

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6qD1EO1T9c
    These guys led by Vincent Racaniello. The younger woman (Breanne Barker) is an immunologist and states the vaccines are designed to attack all parts of the covid spike protein, not just the few that have changed. She's not worried. The discussions are very long and 'geeky' but fascinating.

The mainstream media should be held to account for sensationalist headlines. Just how many vulnerable people (like us) could be prompted towards doing something silly? This is bad enough already.

You have to stop all this researching, Fishman? I understand why you think it might help but it doesn't help your anxiety. Far from it.

Keep things simple and concentrate on the facts from people who are actually involved in the manufacture of the vaccine rather than those "experts" wanting to jump on the bandwagon with their "views"..Limit your exposure to all things Covid-related and stick to the basic facts and all you really need to know as a carer with an anxiety disorder?

Sorry guys I was in midst panic when I posted that. Just finished my youtube workout so feeling a bit better. I think what triggered this is this 'feeling' exactly like last January, like we haven't moved on. And seeing the headlines about vaccines not working etc, it got me thinking why don't I just get covid and be done.

But then there are people much worse off than myself.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread Information