Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Re: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You have to stop all this researching, Fishman? I understand why you think it might help but it doesn't help your anxiety. Far from it.

Keep things simple and concentrate on the facts from people who are actually involved in the manufacture of the vaccine rather than those "experts" wanting to jump on the bandwagon with their "views"..Limit your exposure to all things Covid-related and stick to the basic facts and all you really need to know as a carer with an anxiety disorder?
    It still isn't absolutely proven that the SA strain of Covid is invincible to the vaccines, it's still very much 'might be' and pure speculation ATM. And of course, like I said upthread, the gutter press and many sad cases on social media etc will run with it.

But at least the BBC so far have acted responsibly and kept it relatively low-key.

It's quite sad that a large proportion of the French appear to have pooh-poohed the vaccines so far, and Macron is rightly concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post

...The exception to this is people who come in wanting intensive tech support five minutes before closing on a Friday afternoon; insult me all you like but DON'T remove my opportunity to sail out the door on the dot of 4.27pm
    B@stards!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    How Boris and Co still managed to remain ahead in the opinion polls for the most part of last year (2020) is beyond me.

Labour most certainly would have been toast by now had this pandemic happened under them!
    It probably boils down to so many losing faith in Labour and the nuttier ones that keep popping up who are we known to annoy traditional Labour voters outside the metropolitan bubble.

Starmer has a massive uphill task. Some looks good, some bad. It's for the Tories to lose even now.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It probably boils down to so many losing faith in Labour and the nuttier ones that keep popping up who are we known to annoy traditional Labour voters outside the metropolitan bubble.

Starmer has a massive uphill task. Some looks good, some bad. It's for the Tories to lose even now.
    From what I read Labour would win the north again and Boris would lose his seat that’s what was on the news yesterday.

Anyway seems Scotland is in lockdown again as is England. Until Easter I mean who believes this will end on next review? They can’t be trusted with vaccine roll out. Long year ahead and another wasted year like 2020 sadly.

I believe England is 15th Feb I think the only good news is Sturgeon said end of Jan for Scotland! For now anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    From what I read Labour would win the north again and Boris would lose his seat that’s what was on the news yesterday.

Anyway seems Scotland is in lockdown again as is England. Until Easter I mean who believes this will end on next review? They can’t be trusted with vaccine roll out. Long year ahead and another wasted year like 2020 sadly.
    Depends which media you read. Like all those polls that got in wrong for over 4 years.

Labour lost over Brexit. Getting that out of the way will allow Starmer to work on it but he was part of the problem with Labour and I doubt people will forget that. He has a chance but I think he's a long way off at the moment but Boris may drive people back there. His Brexit deal, and for some months all the broken deadlines from both sides, look more likely to drive votes to Farage. Labour has long been losing its support as it turned into a metropolitan party.

Cases at a record high today but scotland’s numbers about 2,000 and down on other day this is good news?

Cases at a record high today but scotland’s numbers about 2,000 and down on other day this is good news?
    Far too early for either lockdowns or vaccination programmes to be having any effect. Expect the numbers to dance around the 2000-2500 per day mark for the next few weeks.

Another lockdown is coming it seems

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...being-24839693

Another lockdown is coming it seems

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...being-24839693
    I clicked on your link and it seems like Sturgeon is basically implying a lockdown is still only being considered as an absolute last resort measure, so still nothing set in stone as yet.

However, the article does go on to mention that overall hospitalisations and deaths still remain significantly lower than during the height of the second wave at the beginning of this year.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread Information