Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Re: Scotland goes back into lockdown 7pm Friday

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Let's see whether record vaccination levels are enough to bring case numbers under control. Give it time and then reassess whether Denmark has made a good call?
    Until when are we going to wait? Another year again?

No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by meltedchic View Post
    Until when are we going to wait? Another year again?
    As long as it takes.

You see, this disease doesn't care if you're bored with it and want to get back to "normal" because as far as it's concerned, you're just helping it spread better by ignoring restrictions.

Good news cases over 3,000 but under 4,000 which is a lot less than yesterday maybe it’s peaked?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Good news cases over 3,000 but under 4,000 which is a lot less than yesterday maybe it’s peaked?
    It's after a Sunday, Phil - don't get your hopes up. Just wait until the kids go back to school here in England and watch the figures rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    It's after a Sunday, Phil - don't get your hopes up. Just wait until the kids go back to school here in England and watch the figures rise.
    Perhaps PM but I thought it was more deaths that are affected by typical weekend lags rather than cases.

As far as Scotland is concerned right now, yesterday's record case increase to 7k (unusual for a Sunday, even UK-wide, and also despite England's cases still being slightly down on Saturday's) and back down again to around 4k today (as mentioned by Phil) seems rather random to me.

Another possible factor might be that Scotland could be testing more people now on a daily basis than at any time throughout the entire pandemic, which will inevitably bump up the numbers.

It will be most interesting in due course to see how many double-jabbed who have recently caught Covid (lite), fully recovered and successfully developed antibodies/herd immunity or also already having been infected prior to being jabbed at all and still developing said antibodies/herd immunity.

Obviously only time will tell but if it does largely pan out that way it will be most encouraging.

Where do think they are testing? As far as I know every care home festival and school tests. We have these asymptomatic testing centres opening up in former shops too! We have a festival in my hometown this week coming and testing is optional

Where do think they are testing? As far as I know every care home festival and school tests. We have these asymptomatic testing centres opening up in former shops too! We have a festival in my hometown this week coming and testing is optional
    I was only surmising/guessing the possibility of increased testing in Scotland, nothing absolutely gospel Phil.

Probably also a lot to do with schools recently returning after the summer break. Often more testing = more cases found.

So these discrimination passes have come in Scotland I wonder what the exemptions are? In England you can self exempt not sure what they will do for the backlog of people like my wife who had a reaction to one jab or for someone’s mental health like me for if I had a vaccine I could risk a mental health breakdown? I would legally fight this in court rather than have this jab it has to be about choice people can die of the vaccine so how can they force it? Already I fear today having a breakdown as I feel so worked up?

So these discrimination passes have come in Scotland I wonder what the exemptions are? In England you can self exempt not sure what they will do for the backlog of people like my wife who had a reaction to one jab or for someone’s mental health like me for if I had a vaccine I could risk a mental health breakdown? I would legally fight this in court rather than have this jab it has to be about choice people can die of the vaccine so how can they force it? Already I fear today having a breakdown as I feel so worked up?
    Well all I can suggest on this particular matter Phil is that you write to your local MSP if you have so much beef over said measures.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread Information