Thread: I ran into a glass door

I ran into a glass door

Hey this morning I was rushing to get my kids out of the door to school.. and I literally ran into our front glass door...(it’s one of those days) I hit my knee, my hand, my nose, and my forehead pretty bad. Is it possible I could have suffered a serious head injury from this? Possibly bleeding in the brain? Logically I know that sounds crazy. But I get really bad health anxiety about head injuries. I don’t want to go to the hospital. I didn’t lose consciousness or anything like that. Maybe someone can ease my unrealistic fears please. I am now home... and I have to lay down because my anxiety is seriously spiraling. I’m freaking out that I seriously injured my head. My neck is also hurting a little bit. Again. I can’t tell if this is anxiety or if my symptoms are serious. Deep down I feel that I’m fine but I’m just really scared. I’m probably gonna be obsessing about this all day.

Re: I ran into a glass door

You weren't knocked out, you didn't throw up, you're fine.

So plot twist. I am in my first trimester in pregnancy... like 10 weeks. And I have had and have been having terrible nausea and vomiting. Morning sickness. Not any since I hit the door. But that doesn’t help my case any :(

Quote Originally Posted by Worrygirl32 View Post
    I’m probably gonna be obsessing about this all day.

Why?

Choose not to. Nobody is forcing you to think about it.

You are being completely irrational. Now this is normal with anxiety of course, but don't allow yourself to 'spiral' over nothing.

Don't seek reassurance, find the answer within yourself (I'm starting to sound like Yoda now). You're fine, get on with your day.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Why?

Choose not to. Nobody is forcing you to think about it.

You are being completely irrational. Now this is normal with anxiety of course, but don't allow yourself to 'spiral' over nothing.

Don't seek reassurance, find the answer within yourself (I'm starting to sound like Yoda now). You're fine, get on with your day.

Exactly this ^^^^ Get on with your day, you will

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Did you get it on video? Definitely viral fail material
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Worrygirl32 View Post
    Hey this morning I was rushing to get my kids out of the door to school.. and I literally ran into our front glass door...(it’s one of those days) I hit my knee, my hand, my nose, and my forehead pretty bad. Is it possible I could have suffered a serious head injury from this? Possibly bleeding in the brain? Logically I know that sounds crazy. But I get really bad health anxiety about head injuries. I don’t want to go to the hospital. I didn’t lose consciousness or anything like that. Maybe someone can ease my unrealistic fears please. I am now home... and I have to lay down because my anxiety is seriously spiraling. I’m freaking out that I seriously injured my head. My neck is also hurting a little bit. Again. I can’t tell if this is anxiety or if my symptoms are serious. Deep down I feel that I’m fine but I’m just really scared. I’m probably gonna be obsessing about this all day.
    You seem pretty coherent for somebody who has a brain injury...

Any splitting headaches, double vision, nausea or vomiting?

No?

I had a bleed inside my uterus. Trust me, you'd know if you had a bleed on the brain!

P.S I giggled at the title of this thread. that's You've Been Framed stuff right there! (sorry)

P.P.S I congratulate you on how clean your door glass must be - before you smeared it with your forehead, that is.

Eat your heart out Mrs Hinch!
    Last edited by NoraB; 07-10-20 at 07:27.

Thread Information