Hi guys,

I've had IBS for years. Haven't had a flare up in a while. When it was bad, I would get a twisting cramp pain right at my belly button or just under. I knew this was IBS so could relax. I've had the works done as a teenager they suspected me to have IBD but all clear!

This morning I woke up with a dull cramp very low down on my right abdomen almost verging into right pelvic pain. I can also feel a dull ache in my back passage (tmi SORRY ) and sometimes in my thighs. It's not spams, but a deep dull ache which comes in waves. I also get a sharp pain on the lower left near my hip which lasts a second and comes repeatedly. Speaking with a friend, she said she often gets the very low abdominal pain, but not the other stuff so I panicked!

I've been taking codeine 30mg everyday for my joint pain as I can't take anti inflammatories and at first was very constipated for the first time in my life. Things have came back to normal a bit more, but I used to use the bathroom about 3-4 times a day, now I'm down to 1 or 2 maximum. The fact I woke up with the pains makes me think it's IBS, but when googling IBS symptoms, I don't seem to fit the bill.

Does anyone else get similar pains with their IBS? Low / almost pelvic cramping on either side. Dull aches in the butt or thighs. Then I'll feel less alone in my weird IBS symptoms club.