Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had covid? What were your experiences

Anyone had covid? What were your experiences

So, I am worried I have covid and am spiralling, fearing the worst.

Anyone had covid here and what was it like?

Thank you in advance

Re: Anyone had covid? What were your experiences

Quote Originally Posted by monkfishjoe View Post
    So, I am worried I have covid and am spiralling, fearing the worst.

Anyone had covid here and what was it like?

Thank you in advance
    Conversations like that will only feed your anxiety. Your brain will ignore the positive and shine a one million watt bulb on the negative.,

If you think you have Covid and genuinely are displaying symptoms it may be worth getting tested. The odds are heavily stacked in your favour that you don’t have Covid, and in the unlikely event that you do it’s even more unlikely to make you seriously ill.

Thank you. My anxiety about this is so bad.

I actually did do a covid test (saliva one) that came back negative, but I don't trust it as I didn't follow the instructions correctly.

I'm so focus on my breathing and feel like I've been gasping for air all day. Now my chest hurts and I'm convinced my lungs are filling with fluid.
    Last edited by monkfishjoe; 07-10-20 at 18:37.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfishjoe View Post
    Thank you. My anxiety about this is so bad.

I actually did do a covid test (saliva one) that came back negative, but I don't trust it as I didn't follow the instructions correctly.

I'm so focus on my breathing and feel like I've been gasping for air all day. Now my chest hurts and I'm convinced my lungs are filling with fluid.
    If you’re focusing on your breathing it will naturally become more difficult. Breathing is regulated by your body, when you turn off that autopilot and take the controls your breathing pattern quickly gets out of sync. This in turn causes a whole hose of symptoms, breathlessness being one of them.

You need to calm yourself down.

Thank you.

I often wonder if the publication of daily Covid cases might sometimes do more harm than good, especially as they're often far from accurate, as demonstrated over the past couple of weeks in particular.

On a similar note, I also wonder how many of us would feel if national recorded crime stats were published on a daily basis?

Does it help anyone with an anxiety disorder to study Covid cases on a day to day basis?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Does it help anyone with an anxiety disorder to study Covid cases on a day to day basis?
    I appreciate what you're saying Pulisa, but the trouble is I feel damned if I do and damned if I don't. And in the latter instance, I don't want to face accusations of being naïve and out of touch with reality, like I often did when I stopped following the news for a time back in the mid-90s, which of course was much easier to do back then especially with the Internet only being a microcosm of what it is today, but that's another story.

Hey monkfishjoe,

Sorry you are feeling worried, if it helps to relieve your anxiety at all I received a positive test result on Monday and have had quite mild symptoms so far. I was tested on Sunday after very suddenly developing a tickly cough and then a fever and chills on Saturday night, which developed into a worse fever/chills, nausea, back pain and general unwell feeling on Sunday morning. Weirdly, by Monday morning I felt a lot better, so I was actually pretty shocked when it came back as positive - I thought I must have been being dramatic but nope, covid!

Since then my symptoms luckily haven't been too bad, however today I have lost my sense of smell completely! But I'm so grateful that the fever was short, breathlessness very minor and all in all I've been doing okay.

Hope this reassures you somewhat, I know the news can be scary at the moment and only really tells us of the people suffering the most.

Take care & stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Loz2704 View Post
    Hey monkfishjoe,

Sorry you are feeling worried, if it helps to relieve your anxiety at all I received a positive test result on Monday and have had quite mild symptoms so far. I was tested on Sunday after very suddenly developing a tickly cough and then a fever and chills on Saturday night, which developed into a worse fever/chills, nausea, back pain and general unwell feeling on Sunday morning. Weirdly, by Monday morning I felt a lot better, so I was actually pretty shocked when it came back as positive - I thought I must have been being dramatic but nope, covid!

Since then my symptoms luckily haven't been too bad, however today I have lost my sense of smell completely! But I'm so grateful that the fever was short, breathlessness very minor and all in all I've been doing okay.

Hope this reassures you somewhat, I know the news can be scary at the moment and only really tells us of the people suffering the most.

Take care & stay safe!
    I wish you a speedy recovery. I have two friends that both got covid a few weeks after lockdown began, one was mild and the other was more severe (both have recovered now). If you don't mind me asking, do you take any medication to help ease the symptoms etc. or have you changed your diet to help boost your immune system or both?

Please do take care of yourself and stay safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information