Thread: Rested my ear/jaw on my hand, now can't hear out of my left ear properly. Any advice?

Rested my ear/jaw on my hand, now can't hear out of my left ear properly. Any advice?

This morning I was lying on my bed, resting the side of my head (the upper jaw/ear area) on my hand for about 5 mins, then I got up and couldn't hear properly out of my left ear. It is the same sound as you experience when you have water in the ear, where it's kind of muffled. It's been like that all day.

I was reluctant to call for a phone appointment with the doctor as I called him a couple days ago regarding a separate issue. I know it is stupid, so I will call tomorrow, but now I'm worried as I get anxious and panicky about my health, hence why I'm here.

Anybody experienced this before and know what it could be? I was hearing fine before I did that this morning. Appreciate any responses.

Re: Rested my ear/jaw on my hand, now can't hear out of my left ear properly. Any adv

Yup had this a month ago and I had a lot of ear wax and had to pay to get it removed.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Rested my ear/jaw on my hand, now can't hear out of my left ear properly. Any adv

I've had this feeling when I had a block up of ear wax, a annoying feeling!

This morning I was lying on my bed, resting the side of my head (the upper jaw/ear area) on my hand for about 5 mins, then I got up and couldn't hear properly out of my left ear. It is the same sound as you experience when you have water in the ear, where it's kind of muffled this site. It's been like that all day.

I was reluctant to call for a phone appointment with the doctor as I called him a couple days ago regarding a separate issue. I know it is stupid, so I will call tomorrow, but now I'm worried as I get anxious and panicky about my health, hence why I'm here.

Anybody experienced this before and know what it could be? I was hearing fine before I did that this morning. Appreciate any responses.
    sounds like an ear wax cork
    usual thing after 25
    the doctor will pull it out in no time!
    Last edited by sarahk99; 08-11-20 at 23:53.

I agree with the other posters, sounds like an earwax clog. Very annoying. I had it and had my ears flushed out at the docs. I was anxious about why I couldn’t hear out of that ear and anxious my hearing in it wouldn’t come back 😂 but it was fine

Thread Information