Hi everyone,
today I had a neck ultrasound done. My doctor gave me the option to have one after I brought up a couple swollen nodes that had been causing me a lot of anxiety. The ultrasound technician took a lot of pictures - didn’t really comment on much of them, and from what I saw the spots she took pics of were under 2cm. However, when finding one spot, she asked if I “was feeling a lump here.” I wasn’t really sure, so I said I couldn’t tell. She labeled it as my left thyroid — and I’m pretty sure it was about 2cm in length.

I’m highly freaked out now. I’ve had an ultrasound on my thyroid before and I do remember having a nodule, but I don’t remember the size or anything. The way she asked had me really thrown off, and she didn’t say much after other than I’ll have results tomorrow morning. My nerves are shot.

I only had the left side of my neck scanned, so I’m not sure if there’s anything similar on the right. I’m so worried this will get turned into something else. Any words of comfort would be greatly appreciated