Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
Hi lovely,

I’m so glad your smear came back ok that must be a relief!

I’ve also been scared to have sex again since!

I was told on my letter that I had “borderline changes” and HPV was detected too but due to the changes in cells i did have a colposcopy and that was clear so I was relieved, that was just over a year ago so I’m sure all is ok with my cervix still.

Thank you so much about the information being more likely to have cervical ectroption when on the pill. Would this be something that would have been detected during a colposcopy though as i was told everything looked fine during mine.

I did get cramps the following day but they have subsided now. I’m not due on for about a week so think it was related to the bleeding. The bleeding, fingers crossed, seems to have stopped now but like you said I’m scared to have sex again!
I was relieved until I had another bleed! I think if it happens again when I get round to being intimate then I'm going to speak to my GP as there's no point really hiding away from it is there :(

You can usually see if it is a cervical ectroption during a smear the nurse or doc can tell whether you have it but as your colposcopy was a year ago you probably didn't have an ectroption back then? Worth seeing the nurse and getting her to check your cervix as it will put your mind at ease.

I do get you though. Sex is supposed to be enjoyable and now terrified at the thought of it! I hope you don't have anymore bleeding now. But like I said if you do, see the nurse but more likely an ectroption especially as your colposcopy was OK xx