Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding after sex

Bleeding after sex

Good morning all. A bit of a woman situation going on here! The last time I bled after sex was when I lost my virginity 12 years ago... This is the second time it has happened now which has frightened me a little. It wasn't bright red but it was pink mixed with discharge. I haven't had any bleeding in between my periods or anything like that. I had my smear test in 2017 which was clear.

I am due my smear next week which I will be attending to. I spoke to my husband about this and said what if it is advanced cervical cancer :''( and he said I had a gynaecological op last year as I had an ectopic pregnancy and that they would've seen something if it was that bad and I would've had symptoms before now. I had scans on my uterus and my ovaries and diagnostic keyhole. Nothing was ever mentioned. Would they have even seen that? That was a year ago.. Can it progress a lot quickly in a year? I'm being paranoid I'm sure but it has frightened the life out of me. My sis is the opposite to me, she said she has had many bleeds all her life after sex but never bothered getting it checked out, she's never had a smear done in her life (she has children), and that was 25 plus years ago and she's still here to tell the tale. We're complete opposites as far as our MH goes. I've no idea how she doesn't go out of her mind like I have lol! I'm just really unsettled :'(

Re: Bleeding after sex

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietysufferer92 View Post
    Can it progress a lot quickly in a year? (
    Simple answer is no. It takes ten years for cervical cancer to develop - which is why screening is so important. You had a clear smear in 2017 (3 years ago)

You're due your smear, so that should set your mind at rest.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi I had this couple of months ago mine turned out that i was due my period the next day and my gp explained that your cervix is opened a day or so before your period so any friction to your cervix and it may bleed a little. So are
    You due on anytime soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl82 View Post
    Hi I had this couple of months ago mine turned out that i was due my period the next day and my gp explained that your cervix is opened a day or so before your period so any friction to your cervix and it may bleed a little. So are
    You due on anytime soon ?
    Hi thanks for your reply no I'm not due for another 2w, but I am ovulating so I wonder if it is to do with that?

Might possibly be that a lot of women do have mid cycle bleeding. I think if you worried ring your gp and ask that’s best way forward. I had some light spotting yesterday as well and my periods not due for another few days but for me according to my gp I’m heading towards or I’m in perimenopause it’s still worrying me and as my gp is calling about my medication tomorrow so will surely mention it . Just call your gp if it’s worrying as I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about or you can just wait and monitor the situation.

Thank you. Just an update any way I've had my smear done and after about 10min she finally found my cervix as it was very low. She swabbed it, I asked if it looked OK and she said it looks absolutely fine. I said about the small bleed I had after sex and she said that she's certain didn't come from the cervix because it looked normal. Touch wood I'm not bleeding so far after having the smear done. Didn't hurt but could hear and feel her swabbing it with the brush quite roughly so I assume if my cervix was bad, it would bleed again? Problem is this has made me very scared to have sex again. I haven't been intimidate ever since having a bleed.

I have been in a panic as last night I had sex and I had rather a lot of blood on the tissue after, like a period but it was light pink. I’d hoped it’d be gone by the morning after panicking so much but today it’s still there but it’s not as heavy it’s really light now, I can just see a light pink hue to the tissue now.

Really worried I’m on the pill, I had an abnormal smear a couple of years ago but when I went for an ultrasound test apparently I was fine.

Thinking the worst, my stomach feels crampy too like period pains but I’m on the pill and not due for another week or so

Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    I have been in a panic as last night I had sex and I had rather a lot of blood on the tissue after, like a period but it was light pink. I’d hoped it’d be gone by the morning after panicking so much but today it’s still there but it’s not as heavy it’s really light now, I can just see a light pink hue to the tissue now.

Really worried I’m on the pill, I had an abnormal smear a couple of years ago but when I went for an ultrasound test apparently I was fine.

Thinking the worst, my stomach feels crampy too like period pains but I’m on the pill and not due for another week or so
    Hi Eevie. Sorry to hear you are also suffering from the same symptoms! Thankfully my smear test came back normal. I also had another bleed after sex and haven't been intimate since as I am just too scared.

I believe that when you're on the pill, you're more likely to have what's called cervical ectroption. I spoke to someone who had this and it sounds similar to your symptoms. Apparently can also cause crampy feelings, especially after sex.

When you say abnormal smear, what was wrong? I'm guessing after you had a colposcopy? You was in the clear so don't have to go back for another 3 years? I honestly think it should be yearly but hey ho, that's NHS for you! The cramps could be due to PMS as well, though? X

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietysufferer92 View Post
    Hi Eevie. Sorry to hear you are also suffering from the same symptoms! Thankfully my smear test came back normal. I also had another bleed after sex and haven't been intimate since as I am just too scared.

I believe that when you're on the pill, you're more likely to have what's called cervical ectroption. I spoke to someone who had this and it sounds similar to your symptoms. Apparently can also cause crampy feelings, especially after sex.

When you say abnormal smear, what was wrong? I'm guessing after you had a colposcopy? You was in the clear so don't have to go back for another 3 years? I honestly think it should be yearly but hey ho, that's NHS for you! The cramps could be due to PMS as well, though? X

Hi lovely,

I’m so glad your smear came back ok that must be a relief!

I’ve also been scared to have sex again since!

I was told on my letter that I had “borderline changes” and HPV was detected too but due to the changes in cells i did have a colposcopy and that was clear so I was relieved, that was just over a year ago so I’m sure all is ok with my cervix still.

Thank you so much about the information being more likely to have cervical ectroption when on the pill. Would this be something that would have been detected during a colposcopy though as i was told everything looked fine during mine.

I did get cramps the following day but they have subsided now. I’m not due on for about a week so think it was related to the bleeding. The bleeding, fingers crossed, seems to have stopped now but like you said I’m scared to have sex again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information