Thread: Working out effecting heart-rate?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Working out effecting heart-rate?

Hi everyone!

This maybe isn't the worst or most panic thing I'll ever post but-

I've recently started working out. For the last two months In that time already I've already started to drop some pounds and a good few inches (this isn't really about losing weight, as much as it was working out to help with my mental health and doing something each day to feel good about myself.)

I've slowly brought weights into my work-out, nothing fancy or to heavy. Made that mistake in the past of rushing into and doing my back in! I've noticed in the last week I'm heart rate seems to stay pounding for longer after the work out (Idk how fast it's going it's just thumping away quite quickly and fast I can feel.) I also feel breathless at random times and kinda faint but I think that could be a hyperfouce issue. Over the lat couple of nights I have felt very aware of my heart rate- like in the back of my mind it might just stop or something but haven't feel into the trap again of taking my heart rate every few minutes! Thankfully! Alot of therapy work there! Last night I had a massive panic attack- the first one in forever. My heart rate went UP, rather then give in right away. I got out of bed and went out into some air. It took awhile and some deep breaths but I manged to bring my heart rate down again without fully giving into the panic.

Well-I'm posting this because I feel abit uneasy now I guess?? I've been struggling to sleep at night and I don't feel like this pounding heart is healthy (which I know is my panic mind talking- of course working out will help my heart?) I know deep down there's nothing wrong with my heart, I had sooooooo many test in recent years. I had a ecg about five weeks ago in hospital- This was done because I had to go to a&e because of a accident and they were checking over everything and it was all good!

Should I keep the weights in or leave them off? I feel like this is just a little dump I need to get over? Any advice would be great! I also do Yoga and other movement as part of my work out. Thank you and take care xxx
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 09-10-20 at 19:34.

Thread Information