Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1201

Thread: Coffee

Re: Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Just keep trying to distract yourself.

You've done well today.
    Thanks Cat!

I haven't got my therapist now for 3 1/2 weeks.

Amazing how isolating and vulnerable you feel when a comfort blanket is effectively removed.

Could be a good opportunity to explore things for myself and see how I get on on my own. (That's why I'm trying to tell myself anyway!)

That's all she is..."a comfort blanket" but an expensive and unnecessary comfort blanket after all this time.

You don't need her now and you're funding her holidays! You now are able to get on with your life without relying on her for reassurance which is so unhelpful long term.

I think she's a bit more than that, the biggest thing she does is rationalise the crazy thoughts I have for me, and normalise things as they get out of control, but yes, I do rely on her reassurance, and I'm about to find out how much!

It will be nice to see how I do cope without her though. It's been a tough couple of weeks as it is to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That's all she is..."a comfort blanket" but an expensive and unnecessary comfort blanket after all this time.

You don't need her now and you're funding her holidays! You now are able to get on with your life without relying on her for reassurance which is so unhelpful long term.
    I have the chance to do a limited ACT therapy with the NHS instead now too, after being on the waiting list. Would start in about a month, so if these 3 1/2 weeks go OK, I could switch to that, save a few quid, and try a different approach.

My head is just scrambled.

HI; P..

Sorry I've not stopped by lately.

I had to look up ACT and it sounds interesting - I hope you benefit from it and get some relief. My therapist doesn't know what to do with me anymore, and while we were working on Radical Acceptance, she's now just taking bits and pieces to fit me because some of it doesn't apply to my issues and personality. I think you should try anything. I know, my head is also scrambled and I even forget days altogether.

I hope you will try to find something to enjoy this weekend. I have no plans other than to hopefully walk around the village and enjoy some good iced tea and get some sun.

Quote Originally Posted by PHR View Post
    I think she's a bit more than that, the biggest thing she does is rationalise the crazy thoughts I have for me, and normalise things as they get out of control, but yes, I do rely on her reassurance, and I'm about to find out how much!

It will be nice to see how I do cope without her though. It's been a tough couple of weeks as it is to be fair.
    Yes but you should be able to do this for yourself now after all the therapy sessions you have had with her. That's the reason why the NHS disagrees with limitless therapy because the client develops a reliance rather than the skills to talk oneself through anxiety and panic.

Quote Originally Posted by PHR View Post
    I have the chance to do a limited ACT therapy with the NHS instead now too, after being on the waiting list. Would start in about a month, so if these 3 1/2 weeks go OK, I could switch to that, save a few quid, and try a different approach.

My head is just scrambled.
    No need to feel your head is scrambled. ACT would be a good option for you and it would be more structured than your previous private sessions.

Hi Scissel

They basically messed me around, but the lady I spoke to today was brilliant, and she thinks this is the best thing they can offer me.

I don't think one approach does fit everyone does it?
    Good that they know you well enough now to tailor it to you.

I hope this starts to calm down this weekend, as it's been a very rough week. I'm just feeling a bit alone with it at the minute, with my family away, and my psychologist going away. Just stuck in my own head too much, playing its games, and I can't concentrate on anything else.

That sounds good. I have a few things I want to do, so hopefully I can do some of them.

Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Yes but you should be able to do this for yourself now after all the therapy sessions you have had with her. That's the reason why the NHS disagrees with limitless therapy because the client develops a reliance rather than the skills to talk oneself through anxiety and panic.
    Yeah, I agree. I just don't seem to be able to.

I fall for every bit of nonsense my head throws up.
    I thought I had really cracked it with regards being able to just let it pass through, and I was definitely getting better at it, but the last week or so has been back to square one almost, which is very frustrating.

The NHS lady said similar with regards ongoing therapy. I spoke to her about what Dr Cox and I do, and she said that it's the perfect theory, but if it was going to work for me long term, then it would have by now.

It could just be that I've had a bad couple of weeks, and I'm getting too down about it, but it just feels like I have stumbled an awful long way backwards. I might feel totally different if and when I bounce back a bit.

How are you anyway?

Page 111 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast

Thread Information