Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 526

Thread: Coffee

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    790

    Re: Coffee

    I know it's just sensation, and I don't think I have it worse than everyone else, but everyone does seem to be able to handle it better. Which I don't get, the symptoms everyone describes don't seem as cognitive. Again, I'm not saying I have it worse, I'm criticising myself, almost, for the way I let it terrify me all day.

    The biggest thing for me is trying to make having anxiety secondary to everything else in my life, not allow it to be the main focus of my days. Which I desperately try to. I try to do things that interest me, and try and immerse myself in things that fully occupy my 'what ifs' with possibility rather than negativity, but it only lasts for so long.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,227

    Re: Coffee

    Even now if my stress levels become big enough (very easy with some of the stuff I have to deal with) I will wake up in the middle of the night thinking I'm somewhere I'm not (could be anywhere from the last 20-30 year) and I will actually hear voices/sounds. It doesn't happen often any more, but it used to be frequent. I can literally hear screaming, disjointed words, shouting etc. I feel like I'm a meat container with a broken computer for a 'brain'. I have to recite my kids' Birthdays and my address over and over again to rejoin myself with some kind of reality. I have to have the TV on in the background for a point of reference, but I can't have the sound on, and I have to wait hours for it to pass, it's never fast. The last time this happened was two weeks ago when my partner was having a particularly rough time with her DID.

    Does this sound familiar?

    It's common, really common.

    Now, the reason you can't cope with it is because it is ingrained. I know you don't really believe what I'm saying, but 90% of what you are experiencing is down to habitual reaction. And I don't think you quite get this either, or believe me, but another compounding factor for you is that you don't actually HAVE to get better. If you had a 9-5 job, a mortgage and two kids, you would be up and out, trust me. And your recovery would be faster too.

    Again, not a criticism, just an observation.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11,557

    Re: Coffee

    Your brain needs a break, Phil. It's exhausted but you keep on pushing on. I do it too but I'm used to it, am older than you and can function.

    If the psychiatrist suggested a short inpatient stay to give you a complete break from work and your home environment could you consider that?

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    790

    Re: Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Even now if my stress levels become big enough (very easy with some of the stuff I have to deal with) I will wake up in the middle of the night thinking I'm somewhere I'm not (could be anywhere from the last 20-30 year) and I will actually hear voices/sounds. It doesn't happen often any more, but it used to be frequent. I can literally hear screaming, disjointed words, shouting etc. I feel like I'm a meat container with a broken computer for a 'brain'. I have to recite my kids' Birthdays and my address over and over again to rejoin myself with some kind of reality. I have to have the TV on in the background for a point of reference, but I can't have the sound on, and I have to wait hours for it to pass, it's never fast. The last time this happened was two weeks ago when my partner was having a particularly rough time with her DID.

    Does this sound familiar?

    It's common, really common.

    Now, the reason you can't cope with it is because it is ingrained. I know you don't really believe what I'm saying, but 90% of what you are experiencing is down to habitual reaction. And I don't think you quite get this either, or believe me, but another compounding factor for you is that you don't actually HAVE to get better. If you had a 9-5 job, a mortgage and two kids, you would be up and out, trust me. And your recovery would be faster too.

    Again, not a criticism, just an observation.
    That does sound familiar actually.
    Mine does very similar, but in the day, when I try and sleep or when I first wake up, and it's like I don't understand the reality of everything around me, and I can't place myself in the world.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    790

    Re: Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Your brain needs a break, Phil. It's exhausted but you keep on pushing on. I do it too but I'm used to it, am older than you and can function.

    If the psychiatrist suggested a short inpatient stay to give you a complete break from work and your home environment could you consider that?
    You're right. I think when I push, but struggle to give myself any down time, it's just pushing on top of pushing, battle after battle.

    I really don't know what I will do if he suggests that. I will try though.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11,557

    Re: Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by PHR View Post
    That does sound familiar actually.
    Mine does very similar, but in the day, when I try and sleep or when I first wake up, and it's like I don't understand the reality of everything around me, and I can't place myself in the world.
    Why do you feel the need to place yourself in the world? You're overthinking the completely normal feeling of waking up. When I wake up I just get out of bed and get on with my tasks.

    I really hope you have made some progress re the psychiatrist and suggested treatment.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    790

    Re: Coffee

    Lovely bloke.

    Says these meds are fine if I want to take them. Was either going to be these or fluroxetine but doesn't matter which I try first.

    Puts the majority of my problems down to OCP, Anankastic personality.

    Intrusive thoughts characteristic of OCD.

    Then he thinks that panic disorder has come about because of these.

    He's given me a book to read, overcoming perfectionism.

    Head blown, but he got me straight away.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11,557

    Re: Coffee

    What didn't you know already though, Phil?

    Has it helped to have a diagnosis of sorts? Have you made a decision re the meds? From my personal experience fluoxetine is an activating SSRI which can sometimes add to agitation at least to begin with but I am no psychiatrist of course and what he prescribes or suggests is the way to go..

    I'm sure you're knackered now!!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    790

    Re: Coffee

    I have some Escitalopram here, which he says to try first. I really don't know what to do.

    I'm overthinking, and trying to get my head around everything we discussed so much so that I am nearly having a panic attack to be honest. It's probably just a bit exhausting though. This is where I would love to be able to chill out.

    He said so many thinks that rang perfectly true to me, that it's put a different spin on it for me, and I'm struggling to get my head around it to be fair.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,227

    Re: Coffee

    What exactly is the different spin?

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Coffee
    By mrsjoseph123 in forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-15, 06:33
  2. coffee
    By GoWhiteSox in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-08-15, 00:31
  3. Coffee
    By pjr in forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25-11-12, 20:40
  4. Coffee
    By Andyroo in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-10-08, 10:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •