Thread: Swelling in One Breast? Need Some Reassurance Please

Swelling in One Breast? Need Some Reassurance Please

Hi all,

A few weeks ago, I noticed my left breast had gotten bigger (it's normally a half cup size smaller than the other one, but now they match). I didn't think much of it, but after my "period" (I have an IUD with hormones so I have to approximate that) I decided to finally start doing breast exams.

I found what feels like a little oval-shaped nodule above the nipple. I'm pretty sure it's movable, but it's a little hard to tell because it's so small and my fingers are so large. No other issues (breast is symmetrical, not warm or heavy or red, tissue feels the same, no pain, and the nipple looks normal) or symptoms, but I messaged my doctor about it and she wants me to come in on Friday so she can take a look.

I know she has to say that, because you can't diagnose something like this without examining it, but I'm still scared. I just came off another scare from a lump in my back (which turned out to be a lipoma) and now this. And Friday feels so far away.

My health anxiety is really bad. I Googled a little at first, but forced myself to stop. I'm doing a tenuously okay job managing it right now, but could still use some reassurance. I searched this forum for a while, but couldn't find anyone with the same symptoms.

Any advice or reassurance or related experience would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by ajpowers; 13-10-20 at 22:15.

Thread Information