Thread: Not thinking clearly these days

Not thinking clearly these days

I swear everytime I think I'm getting better my anxiety gets bad again. Now thoughts and anxiety stuff I use to deal with fine are getting tougher to deal with. Not only that but my rational side feels like its getting weaker and anxiety is getting stronger, leading me to not think clearly. Is this normal? Thanks

Re: Not thinking clearly these days

It can certainly happen, especially now when everything is extra stressful.

What are you doing to try and manage your anxiety?
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    I swear everytime I think I'm getting better my anxiety gets bad again. Now thoughts and anxiety stuff I use to deal with fine are getting tougher to deal with. Not only that but my rational side feels like its getting weaker and anxiety is getting stronger, leading me to not think clearly. Is this normal? Thanks
    Sort ya font size out cocker. I've given myself eyestrain trying to read it...

Recovery is a work in progress. It's not a quick fix. There will be bumps in the road, and this is all part of gaining control, and it won't be anything you can't get over if you apply the right techniques and attitude.

You are not alone. I've been pretty good (for me) the past week but this afternoon my anxiety came back like a freight train. Whenever I start to feel happy or more confident this is what tends to happen. My brain latches on to all my old health anxiety fears and reignites them. It's self sabotage for reasons I'm getting to the bottom of in therapy. In the meantime I'm trying to ride it out and not engage with it. When you feel like you can't cope, that's anxiety lying to you.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Sort ya font size out cocker. I've given myself eyestrain trying to read it...

Recovery is a work in progress. It's not a quick fix. There will be bumps in the road, and this is all part of gaining control, and it won't be anything you can't get over if you apply the right techniques and attitude.
    My apologies. Not sure what happened there. lol

Yeah, it does seem to be that way. Hopefully I can recover soon and feel good again.

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    My apologies. Not sure what happened there. lol

Yeah, it does seem to be that way. Hopefully I can recover soon and feel good again.
    I'm sure you will.

Quote Originally Posted by carriewriting View Post
    You are not alone. I've been pretty good (for me) the past week but this afternoon my anxiety came back like a freight train. Whenever I start to feel happy or more confident this is what tends to happen. My brain latches on to all my old health anxiety fears and reignites them. It's self sabotage for reasons I'm getting to the bottom of in therapy. In the meantime I'm trying to ride it out and not engage with it. When you feel like you can't cope, that's anxiety lying to you.
    You sound very much in control of your anxiety, carrie. Really good to hear and good luck with the continuing therapy x

Thread Information