Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Anxiety Issues

Covid-19 Anxiety Issues

Guys, how have you been doing during this pandemic? How do you cope up with stress, fear and worry? Your thoughts are welcome. Thank you.

Re: Covid-19 Anxiety Issues

Well the stress isn’t as bad as it was earlier in the year,but hearing of all the second waves in Europe and US is disturbing.
    I have trouble with the ignorance of people not wearing masks and social distancing and Trump not being an advocate for Covid now that he has had it.
    My coping mechanism is humour and trying not to watch so much news.

Quote Originally Posted by meltedchic View Post
    Guys, how have you been doing during this pandemic? How do you cope up with stress, fear and worry? Your thoughts are welcome. Thank you.
    Finding it really hard to be honest, who ever knew it would go on for this long. Having quite a panicky week, i keep worrying about the fact that i can’t see my dentist for a check up, goodness only knows when i will & the dr’s what a joke there aren’t even any dr’s in our surgery & haven’t been since middle of March, all we can do is talk to an emergency practitioner who just diagnoses without even seeing you. I just feel so anxious about it all because i would really like to consult my dentist & dr but just feel i’m being a nuisance if i phone. Sorry for the rant i’m just on edge.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmum View Post
    Finding it really hard to be honest, who ever knew it would go on for this long. Having quite a panicky week, i keep worrying about the fact that i can’t see my dentist for a check up, goodness only knows when i will & the dr’s what a joke there aren’t even any dr’s in our surgery & haven’t been since middle of March, all we can do is talk to an emergency practitioner who just diagnoses without even seeing you. I just feel so anxious about it all because i would really like to consult my dentist & dr but just feel i’m being a nuisance if i phone. Sorry for the rant i’m just on edge.
    I agree with you. When me and my parents had a really bad flu-like illness accompanied by Covid-like symptoms back in February, and we suspected possible Covid back then, the doctors didn't seem to want to know at the time.

Then the virus suddenly exploded over the following couple of weeks!

I have no parents to fret over, so that's one less worry. I can't see my grandson and sons - that's very upsetting. And idiots keep totally ignoring the one way system in Manchester shopping centres - not to mention wearing face masks under their chin or on top of their heads!

I only watch the news on a need to know basis, and at the moment I need to know if Manchester is going to be bunged into Tier 3 or not..

My father-in-law died, last week, in a hospice where his kids had to stand outside his window in order to see and speak to him. Towards the end one of them was allowed in to sit with him. In contrast, my dad had his family around him. My heart breaks for my husband and his siblings that they were denied this time to be a family. This has happened to so many people, and continues to do so..

But I don't sit here and worry about Covid. There's no point. I do what I must do to keep myself (and those around me) safe, and I don't overwhelm myself with the news. This pandemic will come and go as all pandemics have. We just have to do our best until we get a vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I have no parents to fret over, so that's one less worry. I can't see my grandson and sons - that's very upsetting. And idiots keep totally ignoring the one way system in Manchester shopping centres - not to mention wearing face masks under their chin or on top of their heads!

I only watch the news on a need to know basis, and at the moment I need to know if Manchester is going to be bunged into Tier 3 or not..

My father-in-law died, last week, in a hospice where his kids had to stand outside his window in order to see and speak to him. Towards the end one of them was allowed in to sit with him. In contrast, my dad had his family around him. My heart breaks for my husband and his siblings that they were denied this time to be a family. This has happened to so many people, and continues to do so..

But I don't sit here and worry about Covid. There's no point. I do what I must do to keep myself (and those around me) safe, and I don't overwhelm myself with the news. This pandemic will come and go as all pandemics have. We just have to do our best until we get a vaccine.
    Very wise words Nora.

It's as if the Covidiots who ignore the rules such as the one-way systems, refuse to mask up and social distance think it's some kind of game. My dad popped into the main shopping centre in our town centre last weekend and saw a couple of maskless teenagers who weren't social distancing and generally larking about as they often do, and the security men stood nearby basically did naff all about them.

What's the point of security personnel in places like that then if they fail to enforce the rules properly?

Fear of confrontations?

Aren't those risks all part and parcel of being security men/women, even though I don't in any way condone abusive and threatening behaviours towards them?

Same for police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Very wise words Nora.

It's as if the Covidiots who ignore the rules such as the one-way systems, refuse to mask up and social distance think it's some kind of game. My dad popped into the main shopping centre in our town centre last weekend and saw a couple of maskless teenagers who weren't social distancing and generally larking about as they often do, and the security men stood nearby basically did naff all about them.

What's the point of security personnel in places like that then if they fail to enforce the rules properly?

Fear of confrontations?

Aren't those risks all part and parcel of being security men/women, even though I don't in any way condone abusive and threatening behaviours towards them?

Same for police officers.
    95% of people not wearing masks, or those who were wearing them as some kind of rebellious statement - i.e. not covering their nose and mouth - were teenagers. People ignoring, or being oblivious to the massive arrows on the floor and the social distancing announcements on the tannoy were across the board age wise.

I vote the Trafford centre use that big screen of theirs in the food hall to publicly humiliate all those twonks wearing their masks like divs. Mind you - they'd probably see it as some kind of badge of honour eh?

According to South Park these are the Chin Diaper brigade..They'd love the attention.

What's the consensus re Andy Burnham in your neck of the woods, Nora?

TBH, I now just take each day as it comes and I can no longer be bothered with the daily Covid stats, which for the most part, hardly tell the truth anyway, especially daily infections, which this week, have continued see-sawing up and down every other day, but overall confirmed day-to-day cases so far this week don't appear to differ that much to those of last week.

I don't really trust the day-to-day Covid stats anymore period, especially following the epic cock-up they made during late September by under-recording the daily cases due to PHE's outdated version of Excel not being quite man enough to cope with the task, which resulted in the artificially high number of more than 22k cases being announced on Sunday 4th October.

Also Boris and Co still should hang their heads in shame over their shying away from mass community Covid testing programmes back in March, then finally relenting during the latter half of May.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information