Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lymph node in neck

Re: Lymph node in neck

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    My son's dr said it could have been anything that caused them to react no way of knowing exactly what. What I know is they scared the shit out of me for weeks and weeks on end. When the Dr said they can stay there forever.. I was able to let it go.
    Okay. So I shouldn’t be worried about it then?

Did you find the post on lymph nodes?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Did you find the post on lymph nodes?
    I Found a post that username commented on but I didn’t find their originally post from 2017

Andrew... There are 500 to 700 nodes in our bodies. They range in size from a few millimeters to 2cm or more and totally normal. They are the body's sewer system and help filter out nasties. Poke and prod and you'll certainly find a few. Something as simple as a zit can cause one to enlarge.

A "pea" sized node is not of concern. I know because I'm a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor. What started as a node the size of a small grape (a lot bigger than a "pea"), ended up with two over 5cm and it looked like I had the mumps on one side of my neck.

I know what your unspoken fear is because I've seen this same scenario 100's of times on the boards. Aside from the size, your age alone rules out anything sinister.
    Stop poking and prodding and googling! There's no need to continue down the rabbit hole with this.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Andrew... There are 500 to 700 nodes in our bodies. They range in size from a few millimeters to 2cm or more and totally normal. They are the body's sewer system and help filter out nasties. Poke and prod and you'll certainly find a few. Something as simple as a zit can cause one to enlarge.

A "pea" sized node is not of concern. I know because I'm a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor. What started as a node the size of a small grape (a lot bigger than a "pea"), ended up with two over 5cm and it looked like I had the mumps on one side of my neck.

I know what your unspoken fear is because I've seen this same scenario 100's of times on the boards. Aside from the size, your age alone rules out anything sinister.
    Stop poking and prodding and googling! There's no need to continue down the rabbit hole with this.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you. I’ll stop touching from now on and try not to think about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information