Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panicking

Panicking

I've been having headaches for a couple of weeks now, with a feeling of pressure/tightness across my forehead. It seems like it gets worse when I am looking at the computer screen, although even in between those screen times it only eases, doesn't go away altogether. Up until the headaches started, I was doing up to 15 hours a day at the computer, which I've had to reduce quite a bit but the headaches still haven't gone away.

I've managed to get myself really, really stressed it's indicative of something nasty. I've got an opticians appointment coming up and I am both really nervous to go to it but also desperate to know what is going on. Argh!

Re: Panicking

It’s eye strain by the sounds of it 15 hours on a computer! that’s a lot.
    I once had a dog named Slug

Thank you Loralee for your kind reply. I'm scared because I would have thought the eye strain would go away when I have a day off or a few hours off computer? But it only eases and doesn't completely go away.

Ironically my work, which keeps me at the computer, is one of my main distractions for anxiety... but its probably not helping my eyes.

Slug is a good name I can't remember now why I chose it as a screenname though.

Just been to the opticians, and they couldn't see anything wrong, but suggested I go to GPs if it doesn't improve. I don't know whether to be reassured or even more concerned. So of course my head feels worse than ever now...

Argh just woke up early panicking and with pains in my head.

Headaches, dizzy, so anxious

I've been having headaches for 2 weeks now and light headed quite a lot of it. i am so light headed today. Terrified that smething is seriously wrong.

Re: Headaches, dizzy, so anxious

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    I've been having headaches for 2 weeks now and light headed quite a lot of it. i am so light headed today. Terrified that smething is seriously wrong.
    It could be your blood pressure I'm exactly the same at the moment on medication now get it checked doesn't mean its anything bad anxiety makes your blood pressure go up take care xx

Hi slug i know how you feel i sufferd all kinds of head symptoms for years its a common symptom of health anxiety i assume you have spoke to your GP

Thanks both. I haven't made it to dr yet, but I need to. Have managed to get really upset about it. My blood pressure is often on the slightly high side.

Thanks both. I haven't made it to dr yet, but I need to. Have managed to get really upset about it. My blood pressure is often on the slightly high side.
    Well there's your answer get checked you will feel better when you know, otherwise you will keep thinking the worst xx

take care xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information