Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Panicking

Re: Panicking

That's my aim today. You can still get vitamin D this time of the year and you have to make the most of the sunny days

Hi Slug, first and foremost, sorry you're going through this - headaches and head pains/aches can be very tiring.

Over the past two years, since my anxiety and stress went from being easily managable to almost debilitating, I've experienced two boughts of head issues. The first bought which hit me in the Summer of last year left me with a headache for almost two weeks. Not only a headache, but also dizziness, this strange sensation of someone pressing against both sides of my head, and also what I can only describe as 'head rushes' (this was a really bizarre and an almost indescribable sensation). Nothing I did or took helped, and the only time the sensations/pains subsided was when I lay down before bed.

That lasted around 2 weeks before disappearing completely. I can only assume the cause was anxiety and stress, but also panicking made the symptoms a lot worse. I had a mild reassurance start of this year, but nowhere near as bad.

I find with anxiety related physical symptoms, you just have to ride the wave until it passes.

Thanks both. It's good to know I am not alone- although I am very sorry you are experiencing these kind of symptoms, too. I actually felt a bit better when sitting outside, but now I've been back at the computer for 45 mins I am feeling quite dizzy and tense again. I just really hope it passes soon as it's got me on such a feeling of being alert. I've had a few stressful situations this year and really just want to feel relaxed.

I went outside too slug and felt so much better.
    Mr C and I even went for a drive and it was a beautiful day to be out in.
    Soon as I came back indoors I immediately started to feel panicky again like you said.
    But the fact we felt better going outside shows there's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I went outside too slug and felt so much better.
    Mr C and I even went for a drive and it was a beautiful day to be out in.
    Soon as I came back indoors I immediately started to feel panicky again like you said.
    But the fact we felt better going outside shows there's hope!
    It's true, something about being cooped up inside is making anxiety worse. It doesn't help that I'm on my own in the house every day, as I am working from home at the moment and my partner is not. Prior to the virus I never worked alone all day like this.

Glad you enjoyed your drive out. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for a bit, even if it rains...

I agree, being indoors too long is not helping the anxiety.
    I intend to go out tomorrow too.

Well I had a few days where I was mostly ok, other than the light headedness. A few times I even managed to get properly distracted (interacting with people outdoors) and as a result didn't feel too light headed. Panicking again today though. Working from home ad being alone all day really getting to me :(

Hi slug,

I don't know whether you have already done this, but a constructed day might help. As if you had gone out to work. Take your breaks outside, have a lunch hour of sorts and have your working station in the same place.
    It does seem to be the working bit that is triggering you.
    Maybe there is a connection. x

Hello!
    I am sorry you're also struggling with this I too have had a lot of head pressure in the past and it's always scared me but it has come and gone. However I have had it for about 6 weeks constantly with dizziness, I worry myself as my mother had a brain tumour so I always jump to the worst scenario as we all do with health anxiety. My dr has also put me on a high dose of NSAIDs and muscle relaxers in case it is to do with my TMJ disorder which I suffer with badly. But I have to call back in a couple of weeks if it continues.

The longer it goes on the more scared I get, I'm no doubt making the symptoms worse, but the dizziness and feeling so unsteady on my feet is hard to ignore along with the head pressure. It feels like someone is constantly pressing on my head. I too have had my eyes checked and wear glasses so it's not that either for me.

I hope yours eases off soon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information