Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suasage mould and penicillin allergy

Re: Suasage mould and penicillin allergy

I know you may not want to hear this, but please consider visiting your GP and talking about depression?

I've been there, but it doesn't have to be forever.

Please PM me if you feel as though you need a friend?

Thanks, BI. It's nice to know I have virtual friends; I've managed to alienate my family now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Not really, BI. Once again, it's the realisation that my health anxiety is much stronger than me which in turn feeds my depression.

Since the Covid hell was unleashed upon us my mental health has got considerably worse; quite often I either don't get up until after what most civilised people call lunchtime, or will go to bed in the middle of the day because I simply see no point in being awake - or I do this because it's a way of shutting my worries out.

It doesn't alter the fact I'm on the wrong side of fifty now, heading towards my sixties with (seemingly) nothing positive to look forward to.

It certainly is a way of shutting worries out and I do it myself if I have the opportunity. It's just resting the brain and having some blessed respite..and doesn't involve self-medicating. If your GP is approachable and interested then do what Blue advises and talk to him/her? If not it's not worth the sense of rejection and being fobbed off.

You've got every reason to be having an HA spike what with all the covid overload..Do you actually have any family you could talk to?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Do you actually have any family you could talk to?
    Not really. It used to be my sister but she doesn't 'get' health anxiety (in a bad way) and we're not speaking anyway; there's my brother but he is a bit bewildered by my behaviour (bless him, he's lovely and he tries though) and he's not really suited to dealing with my hyperbolic/catastrophic excesses.

A mate of mine and I have agreed never to discuss it because he thinks I should be seeking more in-depth help than CBT and I say it's nigh-on impossible: so really, my only help is here.

I'm have a degree in making a mess of life! I've had loads of experience in it so you're amongst friends here!

Well, it's work in the morning so once again, I have to be up at stupid o'clock so I shall say "goodnight all, and thanks for your kindness."

I'm also allergic to penicillin and I once somehow managed to eat not one but two croissants before I noticed the mould. It was dim light and I wasn't really paying attention. I stopped when I noticed that the croissants tasted "spicy" and then took a good look at them and noticed the green patches which my subconscious must have assumed were raisins or something. I didn't suffer any reaction but I sure did freak out haha. How disgusting though, ay?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information