Thread: Lower back pinched nerve

Lower back pinched nerve

I have what I'm told is a pinched nerve from my lower back(L5). It started July 4th after babysitting my grandkids for the weekend. I have not been to the doctor. However, I've been to a physiotherapist twice and have been to an osteopath twice. I am doing the stretches that were recommended twice a day. I am also trying to get a 30 minute walk in, weather permitting. We are now mid October, it seems a bit better, but still have the pain and tingling in lower leg.The pain I'm my butt comes and goes.
    I was told it is not sciatica. How long can this last? Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Re: Lower back pinched nerve

Quote Originally Posted by Maude56 View Post
    I have what I'm told is a pinched nerve from my lower back(L5). It started July 4th after babysitting my grandkids for the weekend. I have not been to the doctor. However, I've been to a physiotherapist twice and have been to an osteopath twice. I am doing the stretches that were recommended twice a day. I am also trying to get a 30 minute walk in, weather permitting. We are now mid October, it seems a bit better, but still have the pain and tingling in lower leg.The pain I'm my butt comes and goes.
    I was told it is not sciatica. How long can this last? Has anyone else ever experienced this?
    Hi! I feel like I have this but it’s in my shoulder blade it twinges when I twist like a nerve is trapped. Doctors keep telling me
    To take pain meds. I also get the ache in my lower leg and butt sometimes foot! But told me it’s muscular 🤔 hope you get sorted ive had mine since 18th september

Had it a few times. Id stop all the stretching personally. if you balls the stretching up it could make your back ten time worse. The walking is the best thing. osteopathy and chiropractic are waste of time and money all they do is rub your back and charge a fortune. Walking will strengthen all your muscle up.

Doing new stretches twice a day is gonna make you worse. Those stretches are design for athletes.

Also remember if you get stressed or depressed pain is going to be 10 times worse as well

I do sit and stress about it quite a bit. I wonder if its all caused by all the sitting I've been doing since Covid

I developed inflammation in my pelvis last November. This affected my left buttock, lower back, lady bits and back passage. So many nerves in those areas, see. I still had it in March when I started physio, and with daily stretching - the symptoms eased. My pain lasted about 5 months in total.

Keep doing the stretches. Keep walking. Take painkillers when necessary. Chill out as much as you can because tense muscles are painful muscles and it will just make matters worse.

How was your back passsge affected? Did it feel like pressure on the rectum? Like you hadn't completely evacuated? Sorry for being so personal.

How was your back passsge affected? Did it feel like pressure on the rectum? Like you hadn't completely evacuated? Sorry for being so personal.
    Yes, it was a pressure sensation with the feeling of needing to go to the loo...

Thank you for your reply. I will give it a bit more time and try not to focus too much on it. Hopefully with walking and continuing my stretches, it will eventually go away

Thread Information