Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vandalism

Vandalism

In my street somebody wrote some graffiti I called the police and reported it to the council but feel stressed as it's made a mess and makes the place untidy. Will the council clean it or will maintenance team who go the grass cutting do it as we pay fees for repairs? My worst nightmare is they leave it don't clean it.

Re: Vandalism

I think the council send out one of their guys to clean. I know around here it's on a list of things like fly tipping you can report through the local council site and if you are signed up they give you updates.

Graffiti really grinds my gears. As do poo bags littering the streets, and now disposable face masks!

As for the pissheads who seem to think that my shrubs are there to house their empty Carling cans... (my bins are literally yards away, I would rather they used those because they are bins)

That said, if Banksy was to do a doodle on my back gate - I wouldn't be offended.

Graffiti has been one of my biggest bugbears for donkeys years, though thankfully, our estate is virtually devoid of it.

It appears to be one of many 'elephant in the room' issues that surely most people disapprove of but have never really taken it that seriously. Sadly many people over the years have considered graffiti to be well down on their lists of 'priority' issues, including many local authorities.

On the other hand, I read on the Historic Hansard website a debate in Parliament from 2002 where one MP claimed that the local authority in his constituency were sued by a utility firm for removing graffiti from one of their large utility 'sheds' located in that particular settlement, and my immediate thought was they (the utility firm) were penalising the wrong people who wanted to rid their area of the graffiti blight rather than attempt to penalise the morons responsible for the defacement of said property.

Shows how ungrateful the utility firm were, seemingly unconcerned about their property being defaced but indignant at the local council for interfering with their property by removing the unsightly graffiti, and inadvertently sueing them.

Really smacks of brainless double standards from said utility firm as far as I'm concerned!

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    My worst nightmare is they leave it don't clean it.
    Worse than bin and toilet germs, social media, traveling and footballers at parties?

Then get out there and clean it up! Post before and after photos

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 18-10-20 at 21:47.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sheeez that's your 'worst nightmare' ?

What did the graffiti say?

I think phil has let his cover slip - he's Banksy. All that effort to be tagged in seconds by the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Sheeez that's your 'worst nightmare' ?
    Mine is that Hub's underpants will crawl out of the washer and suffocate me to death before I've had chance to hit boil wash!

I aspire to having so little to worry about.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information