Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Vandalism

Re: Vandalism

Them the big baddie became Des Tavennor in The Bill. He was on Eggheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Sheila with her hardcore Catholicism and feminist activism, going apes**t when Bobby secretly had a vasectomy operation in 85 (I think), and her marital problems with Bobby coming to a head after a night out on the tiles with her fellow female friends in the summer of 88, when Bobby gave her a bloody good hiding when she arrived home drunk in the early hours of the morning.
    I watched this episode recently...

It got cleaned up but sadly I can report someone has drew on the same bin area but with a permanent marker not a spray can this time. Second time in 3 months can people really be that sad to ruin people’s property?

What did they write this time?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    What did they write this time?
    They drew about 7 faces in different areas might seem trivial but it’s an eye sore

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    It got cleaned up but sadly I can report someone has drew on the same bin area but with a permanent marker not a spray can this time. Second time in 3 months can people really be that sad to ruin people’s property?
    Yes that really sucks Phil!

It seems that tit-for-tat graffiti tags written in marker pen (e.g, X and Y woz 'ere, X 4 Y 4 eva, etc) have become less commonplace over the past 15 years or so, especially in my town, youngsters being more embroiled in their smartphones possibly having something to do with it, whilst the larger-scale tags in the big cities and on the side of motorways, train tracks, etc, have remained more or less constant during the same period, done mostly by the die-hard graffitists.

BTW, that willy drawing outside one of our local shops was eventually painted over in December!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

BTW, that willy drawing outside one of our local shops was eventually painted over in December!
    Was that you, Vee?

LOL no! I was the one who wanted to add drawings, not paint over them

What does it matter now?

The offending drawing outside that local shop near us has been dealt with and is now water under the bridge.

This post isn't in response to any new vandal attacks in my area per se, but more about 'historical' ones.

Yesterday lunchtime, I helped my dad dispose of some empty glass bottles and jars at the bottle bank adjacent to a parade of local shops about half a mile from where we live and I noticed on one of the bottle bank recepticles when I looked close up some traces of faded graffiti tags dating from 1999, and the year was stylised as '9T9', and I was instantly taken aback, especially as the omnipresence of such tags really used to do my nut in back then.

It also got me wondering if, as this is the first decade of the 21st Century whose years are pronounced with a 'T' between the last two digits, or even twice if if the year is pronounced as 'twenty-twenty-one', might said stylising the latter two digits of years in graffiti tags with the letter 'T' in the middle (e.g, X & Y woz ere 2T1) make a comeback, or has it been out of the public conscience for too long now for the youth of today to even care about such attention to detail, especially considering the fact that most of them now seem to be more absorbed in their phones and social media, in which the latter was still non-existent back the late 90s, and still only a handful of teenagers owned their own phones back then, which of course had only calling and texting capabilities back then AFAIK, and not the mini-pocket 'computers' they have now pretty much evolved into.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information