Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Vandalism

Re: Vandalism

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I bet your mother wasn't smiling.

Please don't say you were the first to be heaved out at that weight?

I'll have to go and have a lie down...
    I was the fourth and final baby but the biggest. The story I've been told was that my Mum was due to have me at a local hospital, but there were difficulties. So the Dr made the decision to transfer her to Northampton Hossy. I was stuck for four hours but apparently the ambulance ride jolted me free.

Yes 10lbs in 1965 was big, not so rare these days though. According to my Mum, the midwife chucked me back in the Moses basket/crib? saying 'blimming great thing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Maybe she was squatting?Attachment 5232 I found this mushroom with 4 balls.
    That's a stinkhorn I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post

Yes 10lbs in 1965 was big, not so rare these days though. According to my Mum, the midwife chucked me back in the Moses basket/crib? saying 'blimming great thing'.
    Yes, I can honesty say that none of my babies have been delicate lol. Chunky buggers the lot of them! And there was me weighing in at a dinky 6 lb something.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I was the fourth and final baby but the biggest. The story I've been told was that my Mum was due to have me at a local hospital, but there were difficulties. So the Dr made the decision to transfer her to Northampton Hossy. I was stuck for four hours but apparently the ambulance ride jolted me free.

Hossy?

Love a bit of Scouse lingo, really makes me laugh!! (Damon Grant, et al).

Down the other end of the country in London, Arfur Daley used to pronounce it as 'orspital!

He also used to pronounce Australia as 'Orstralia!!

LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Hossy?

Love a bit of Scouse lingo, really makes me laugh!! (Damon Grant, et al).

Down the other end of the country in London, Arfur Daley used to pronounce it as 'orspital!

He also used to pronounce Australia as 'Orstralia!!

LOL!!
    I'm from Northamptonshire LB, must have picked it up from Brookside?

(Damon Grant, et al).
    Ah, the Damon and Debbie love story. Equally as soppy as Scott and Charlene in Oz.

Ah, the Damon and Debbie love story. Equally as soppy as Scott and Charlene in Oz.
    Didn't watch Brookie back in the day as I normally can't stand soaps in general but have watched some of the earlier episodes on YouTube (especially the 82-87 period), which I think time has been kinder to, despite the fact that it's very much 'of its time'.

All the other soaps (EE, ED, Corrie, H&A, Neighbours, Hollyoaks, etc) I still avoid like the plague.

Didn't watch Brookie back in the day as I normally can't stand soaps in general but have watched some of the earlier episodes on YouTube (especially the 82-87 period), which I think time has been kinder to, despite the fact that it's very much 'of its time'.

All the other soaps (EE, ED, Corrie, H&A, Neighbours, Hollyoaks, etc) I still avoid like the plague.
    Soaps are generally shite. I liked Brookie because I like Ricky Tomlinson and Sue Johnston. I loved it when they met up again for The Royle Family!

Soaps are generally shite. I liked Brookie because I like Ricky Tomlinson and Sue Johnston. I loved it when they met up again for The Royle Family!
    Yes there's something rather comical (albeit oddball) about Bobby and Sheila.

Bobby with his shouty, hardcore militant, pro-trade unionist tendencies, almost always putting his work before his family, even on Christmas Day. Also expecting to be waited on hand and foot by Sheila (and sometimes also Karen).

Sheila with her hardcore Catholicism and feminist activism, going apes**t when Bobby secretly had a vasectomy operation in 85 (I think), and her marital problems with Bobby coming to a head after a night out on the tiles with her fellow female friends in the summer of 88, when Bobby gave her a bloody good hiding when she arrived home drunk in the early hours of the morning.

Both had a penchant for disownment, especially Bobby chucking Barry out following a massive row soon after Damon's murder in York in late 87, when Bobby descended into alcoholism as a means of coping with the tragic ordeal.

I watched Brookie back in the day and will always remember the patio storyline..

Ricky Tomlinson was superb in the Mike Bassett, England manager film

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information