Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vandalism

Re: Vandalism

I still want to know what is was...

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I still want to know what is was...
    Donald Trump to be crowned king of Scotland. First royal decree, as modelled by the new king, to be the introduction of the 'mini kilt'

Yeah, me too Antsy ! I shouldn't care really, but ya know......

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Agreed. Seriously, it might be a bit unsightly (or might not) but really, it's not endangering anybody, and I think the councils probably have more important things to spend their money on right now.
    Precisely one of the main reasons graffiti has been out of control for years in many areas is the 'it's not that important' kind of attitude, even during more favourable economic/financial climates.

I'm sure some of you have heard of the 'Broken Windows Theory'

BTW, I don't mean to have digs at you personally, BlueIris.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I offered to pay it to be cleaned up out my own pocket but I got in touch with an estate agent but can’t do anything without permission.
    Jeez, if you've got money to burn like that you can settle my corporation tax bill for me. It's only a few thousand.

It's okay, Lenco, I get what you're saying, it's just that personally, I don't have a problem with graffiti. You're looking at disenfranchised people taking back the urban landscape any way they can. Sure, some of it's just tagging but if you look around, there's also some pretty interesting social commentary.

I don't want to live my life hating and disparaging my species the way you seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    It's okay, Lenco, I get what you're saying, it's just that personally, I don't have a problem with graffiti. You're looking at disenfranchised people taking back the urban landscape any way they can. Sure, some of it's just tagging but if you look around, there's also some pretty interesting social commentary.

I don't want to live my life hating and disparaging my species the way you seem to.
    I do kind of see your point, BlueIris, and I can reason with some of your comments.

I agree that some graffitists (e.g, Banksy) are very talented, and their efforts can work well if, when and where done appropriately, and many murals can be works of art, but obviously in context with the situation.

But if it's just ordinary 'tit-for-tat' tags or even worse, tags whose subject matter is potentially offensive/ sensitive, I can't be doing with them.

Sorry, but 'disenfrancisement' and freedom of expression is no get-out clause as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Donald Trump to be crowned king of Scotland. First royal decree, as modelled by the new king, to be the introduction of the 'mini kilt'

I was hoping it was more along the lines of “All Hail Vee” or Viva la Vee”. But I do believe I will steal that emoji. It seems to have been designed for me.

It was football graffiti for those who asked

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    It was football graffiti for those who asked
    Not in any way attempting to trivialise the daubings in your street, but footie-related graffiti tags are hardly exclusive to early 2020s Britain and have been a thing for decades AFAIK.

Still dead pathetic though.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information