Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vandalism

Re: Vandalism

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post

I've also seen it in the workplace. Whomsoever does it, it's not a pretty sight and it's inexcusable.
    Once upon a time this kind of Sid James, et al, behaviour was considered 'the norm' and part of factory life. I remember a factory job where a bloke used to walk up behind women using the vending machine and he'd touch their boobs. I overheard one of the women talking about it and another said. 'Oh that's just 'Bob' he's harmless'. What's more, this guy's partner worked in the same place - albeit on a different shift.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Once upon a time this kind of Sid James, et al, behaviour was considered 'the norm' and part of factory life. I remember a factory job where a bloke used to walk up behind women using the vending machine and he'd touch their boobs. I overheard one of the women talking about it and another said. 'Oh that's just 'Bob' he's harmless'. What's more, this guy's partner worked in the same place - albeit on a different shift.
    I think that was the norm in many industries. There is a lot of residual sexism even today. How many times do we hear "like a girl" or hear men call each other "ladies" as an insult? How many times do we see effeminate men picked on because they're "like" women? In the minds of many, anything associated with femininity is automatically negative.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I think that was the norm in many industries. There is a lot of residual sexism even today. How many times do we hear "like a girl" or hear men call each other "ladies" as an insult? How many times do we see effeminate men picked on because they're "like" women? In the minds of many, anything associated with femininity is automatically negative.
    The same with slurs about men being gay when straight.

But women do all that too. And they, just as men do, make remarks about other women being masculine in looks or behaviour.

Working in offices flirting was something that happened all the time. I can definitely think of the 'HRT women' mentioned with new younger lads. It was like this Harry Enfield sketch...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBIOmd-F9k

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I can definitely think of the 'HRT women' mentioned with new younger lads. It was like this Harry Enfield sketch...
    I love that sketch!

The menopause is Mother Nature's way of taking us away from reproduction and into a life of comfort fit and Werther's. We are supposed to 'fade away' and only be attractive to our husbands (who will basically say anything to ensure a homemade meat and potato pie) or to young blokes who like prefer their ladies to be of a certain vintage.

They created a monster when they started pumping middle-aged women full of pregnant mare's wee. Great for women who have been given a new lease of life, but not so great for young lads in work environments - especially factories.

It's like watching a lion take down a gazelle..

I went into a public dunny today something that I rarely do and was blown away by what was scratched into the dunny door Debbie done Dubbo 2019,Dubbo is a big major city now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I went into a public dunny today something that I rarely do and was blown away by what was scratched into the dunny door Debbie done Dubbo 2019,Dubbo is a big major city now.
    There will still always be the odd exceptions I suppose.

Back in the late 90s and during the most part of the 2000s I remember the doors and partitions in the Gents at our local tenpin bowling place were plastered head to toe with all kinds of tags scratched into them, dating back to at least 1995 or so, when the place was still only 5 years old.

Nowadays the same toilets are more or less devoid of graffiti and vandalism in any form, and have been pretty much since the late 2000s, and have been refurbished twice since about 2006 or so.

I should add the council have agreed to clean it up but it may not be until November.

.......and its already the end of October, so thats very prompt if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Maybe Debbie got HRT?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I should add the council have agreed to clean it up but it may not be until November.
    And probably have to do a gazillion H & S risk assessments beforehand!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information