Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flushing in face

Flushing in face

I recently joined this forum to as about my heart worries I've been having. But I was browsing some forums today looking for info about the face flushing I've been having and stumbled across people talking about carcinoid tumors. Naturally my anxiety went through the roof and now I'm wondering if that may be something to be concerned about.

My face will just suddenly feel very hot and get bright red. It can last anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. It can happen when I am anxious or when I feel perfectly fine. I am a little concerned because I also get shortness of breath and read that can also be a symptom. Someone just tell me I'm being stupid and not to worry lol. Seriously though, does anyone else experience this? Should I even be concerned?

Re: Flushing in face

Lots of non-scary (but most likely) causes for blushing, including psychological.

Shortness of the breath is common with anxiety. If shortness of breath is caused by disease - then your oxygen levels would be affected.

I think you're being irrational, but then that's what HA is...

Hopefully your physical tomorrow will reassure you that there's nothing wrong with your heart etc - all you have to do then, is accept it.

I am hoping so too. Can hormones caise it? Because I have had ot every day for the last 3 days but I have also been on my period so im not sure of its related. I can go a long time without it then it pops up without warning. Thank you for always replying to my posts though. I really appreciate it

Hey there,
    I have this flushing problem too. It seems to happen when I'm tired but definately when my general stress levels are up. I think it's just one of those things particularly anxious people get, but I wouldn't be surprised if hormones are involved sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoTurn View Post
    Hey there,
    I have this flushing problem too. It seems to happen when I'm tired but definately when my general stress levels are up. I think it's just one of those things particularly anxious people get, but I wouldn't be surprised if hormones are involved sometimes.
    Thanks for replying. Its always nice knowing I'm not alone in this horrible anxiety. I have definitely noticed my anxiety had been higher over the last week so maybe that plays a factor too. How do you manage to not panic about it? I know everyone says ignore it but that's so hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraimoar View Post
    I am hoping so too. Can hormones caise it? Because I have had ot every day for the last 3 days but I have also been on my period so im not sure of its related. I can go a long time without it then it pops up without warning. Thank you for always replying to my posts though. I really appreciate it
    Women have blushing issues during the menopause (very common) so yes - hormones can cause this. I had an awful blushing issue as a child and teenager - come to think of it, I did as an adult too - all to do with anxiety! It's annoying, but certainly not anything to worry about.

Thanks for replying. Its always nice knowing I'm not alone in this horrible anxiety. I have definitely noticed my anxiety had been higher over the last week so maybe that plays a factor too. How do you manage to not panic about it? I know everyone says ignore it but that's so hard to do.
    It's very hard for us anxiety sufferers not to worry about any new symptom that pops up -and this on has concerned me sometimes, but I figured it is unlikely to be anything serious (it doesn't trigger me as bad as say, heart related symptoms!) I'm sorry your anxiety has been higher too lately -mine has and I've been getting the flushing regularly and the jolly old panic attacks! For me, I try to rationalise and sometimes I even write down my symptoms/how I feel and read them back later and realise that yes, they could actually fit into the panic/anxiety bracket! I also write my prayers, and pray anyway (I'm a Christian and I do my best to give my worries to God!) -these things help me cope, and just choosing to not fear the symptom and give it time generally means it goes away of itself. It does help to get reassurance too, hence these forums!

I used to get this a lot! stress/anxiety can definitely trigger it. Caffeine too. I have mild rosacea now, which is because of my history of flushing apparently. Oddly I don’t flush anymore (I used to go soo red!) now I just have a constant pink tint. Shortness of breath can be anxiety or trapped air, too. I used to get that also. Strange / scary things at the time but none of it was anything to worry about x

Thanks for the replies guys! I recently saw my doctor and had a clean ekg and good labs (besides cholesterol lol) so I feel a lot better that nothing terrible is wrong with me. Just the beast that is anxiety. It reminded me it was there today at work when I had an awful panic attack. Full blowing gasping for air and dizzy and shaking. Been having shortness of breath all day because of it. I know its all anxiety though. You have no idea how much it helps me just knowing I'm not alone. My husband is a very laid back and doesn't understand my anxiety so its hard to talk to him about it sometimes.

My husband is a very laid back and doesn't understand my anxiety so its hard to talk to him about it sometimes.
    If my husband gets anymore laid back he'll be horizontal! I wish I was more like him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information