Thread: It’s spiralling! Help me to think logically

It’s spiralling! Help me to think logically

Background - HA started after the birth of my daughter 7 years ago.
    I recently gave birth to my youngest daughter 13 weeks ago and I’ve felt the anxiety bubbling away for approx 6 weeks. The past few weeks it’s upped its game. I’m reluctant to take meds whilst breastfeeding.

A week ago I felt like I had a migraine - one sided, eye pain and numb cheek. Tablets took it off and I’m certain I’ve experienced the same a year or so ago.
    Tension (maybe) headaches on and off since baby was born.
    Wednesday - I got a sharp stabbing pain in my head
    Friday - woke up with tingling all down my right hand side and felt sick. No headache.
    I went to the dr who was thorough but scared the crap out of me - possible TIA and needed a scan that day. She conferred with another doctor who thought migraine and no need for a scan.
    As soon as I walked out of the drs my face went tingly both sides so I think possible anxiety. My blood pressure was sky high at my appt too.
    Saturday - my hands and face were tingly all day but I think both sides.
    Sunday - ok.

I’m so worried it’s something serious like a tumour. I feel nauseous - could be anxiety or could be a tumour! I don’t have an headache but do feel like my head is full or pressure.
    To top my anxiety the dr has just rang to check on me - you don’t do that with a simple migraine!

I’m constantly checking my vision and my balance. Trying to tell it I’ve any tingling. The only trouble is I can’t even remember what feels “normal” anymore.

Re: It’s spiralling! Help me to think logically

Sorry to hear that. I am actually having similar fears at the moment, with headaches and lightheadedness. I can't seem to get a drs appt. i really sympathise with you.

I'm dealing with something similar to your situation. I'm having left sided tingling in my hand and sometimes foot. Sometimes I feel heat or tingling on the left side of my face. I got really panicked about it but then checked an anxiety diary that I've kept for some time and found that I experienced this before. I've had a brain MRI and other diagnostics since I first felt them so that helped me attribute them to anxiety. But the symptoms keep popping up. I think it's just the anxious mind trying to get our attention.

I think you are right, Flapj. Its hard to get our anxious minds to keep calm though, isn't it. I think all the isolation due to pandemic is making me worse. Too much time alone to ruminate and make myself increasingly anxious.

Yep and in that isolation its too easy to go online and search symptoms making things even worse. Hang in there. I am sure it's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapj View Post
    Yep and in that isolation its too easy to go online and search symptoms making things even worse. Hang in there. I am sure it's nothing.
    Thanks Flapj. I am trying to stay away from google... it always makes me feel worse. Hoping I can get a drs appt soon.

Thread Information