Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Irrational crazes and manias

Re: Irrational crazes and manias

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    The petrol panic buying over the past week is definitely the latest craze/mania, similar to the toilet roll panic buying in the early spring of last year.

And both despite official reassurances of there being no actual shortages of either.

Typical pack mentality, of which the press certainly have a lot to answer for, as they essentially 'engineered' and hyped up both crises, but still, sadly, never held accountable by the authorities!

I seriously dread to imagine what Black Friday (now in name only) will be like this year!
    Caused by a leak. Imagine the panic if we heard what was discussed in secret circles every day? Think of all those terrorists they thwart, all the crimes the police prevent due to intelligence, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Caused by a leak. Imagine the panic if we heard what was discussed in secret circles every day? Think of all those terrorists they thwart, all the crimes the police prevent due to intelligence, etc.
    In such cases many of us would probably end up never leaving our homes and stay shut away forever more.

I think at times we're bombarded with far too much information these days, especially misinformation. And like I keep saying, it's as if the media want to keep us in a constant state of fear and scared witless all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    In such cases many of us would probably end up never leaving our homes and stay shut away forever more.

I think at times we're bombarded with far too much information these days, especially misinformation. And like I keep saying, it's as if the media want to keep us in a constant state of fear and scared witless all the time.
    Of course they do Lenco - easy click bait 'journalism' - saves them having to do any real reporting. Media has been having a field day for 18 months now and no end in sight until the government develops a backbone and cracks down on them ... I think both bodies are working collaboratively frankly. Once they have power like this they are reluctant to give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's a very good job some very important intelligence can remain secret and always will do.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's a very good job some very important intelligence can remain secret and always will do.
    Otherwise the result would inevitably be mass public hysteria and media anarchy.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information