Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Quote Originally Posted by katyfitz View Post
    Hi guys. I just have a quick question. Has anyone had any of the symptoms go and then come back? My worry is the cough coming back , it’s become a real phobia that this will happen. I’m now on day 6 x
    Yes Katy, they come and go, most annoying. My cough has improved and ramped back up several times and I am 3+ weeks. This past week I coughed so much i pulled a muscle on my side, felt like a knife stab everytime I coughed. Yesterday my husband's legs started aching again... he said it perfectly, this virus doesn't want to let go.

You are approaching the safe zone though and each day you are getting closer. 🙃

@leanderson2012
    I'm on day 13 and I feel a lot better the first couple days were bad ... sometimes I wake up a little sore like I did 1000 push ups .,,

I can't stop thinking I'm gonna get bad out of no where .. I keep thinking if I make it to day 15 I'll be able to relax .. but then I saw some people get covid cytokine storm syndrome and I'm so scared ...,
    This virus has really brought me down mentally ;(

My doctor told me I'm okay and just recovering but I can't stop thinking the worse

@katyfitz, I wouldn't say I had symptoms completely disappear and then reappear, but there were days when one was more prevalent than the other. And I definitely had days where I felt closer to normal/on the mend, then the next day I was knocked off my feet again. The post-viral fatigue comes and goes in strong waves, but when I was actively sick I did not experience completely losing symptoms then having them come back. I have heard it can happen though, and that is okay! One of my friends who got sick at the same time I did felt really poor for about 5 days, then felt great. About a 5-7 days later, she had what seemed to look like strep throat (couldn't swallow, fever again), but we could not figure out how she would have caught it since she had been at home the whole time. Our guess is that it was a lingering symptom of Covid. She felt fine the next day.

I don't want to share this to scare you, but to assure you that regressions are noted and common with Covid. So you might have some days where you feel worse than you did the previous day, or you may be cough free for a few days and then have a day where you have a strong cough again, like what @NancyW is describing. That is okay, and that is normal (but of course, a little scary and definitely frustrating!) Do you think the phobia of the cough returning is linked to being worried about suddenly crashing? If so, that is totally understandable. But, that likely is not the case. It's just your body in recovery mode. Remember that your body is fighting hard (and winning!), but there will likely be some battle scars for a bit as you continue to fight and recover (but those will fade and you will feel okay again).

@AEHS, That is exactly the soreness that I feel! It's crazy. Gentle yoga and stretching has certainly helped me. Regarding the fear of still crashing, of course you're nervous. That makes perfect sense. You're on the tail end of an incredibly scary and traumatic experience, and now that you're getting close to the cherished "Day 14", you're probably coming down from a lot of adrenaline and being physically and mentally in "Fight or Flight" mode. But that's all it is, nerves. It's not a premonition. Stay away from anything that talks about rare instances, like Covid Cytokine Storm (I haven't heard of it but just the name alone strikes fear!) Remember, most people who get it are fine, and I would bet my entire life savings that you're going to be in that group. You'll probably feel tired and beat up for awhile, but that does not mean you're going to crash. Similar to what I said to @katyfitz in my previous post, try to replace your inner dialog of fear and worst case scenario thinking with talks of self love. Everything you're feeling right now is completely normal, and of course you would be terrified. But you did it. You're on the other end. Now your mind and body need a break, so talk to yourself lovingly and proudly. You've just done an amazing physical and mental feat, and we're all really proud of you for getting through it. Make sure you tell yourself that you're proud of you too

Good evening guys. It’s just one vicious circle. Trying to think positive that you’re on day 6 and actually not that bad and then you wonder if the slight twinge you feel in your chest is the beginning of needing to go to hospital. I’ve spent most of today researching statistics for who ends up in hospital and am I likely to. Also this whole ‘underlying health condition’ how do you know it you have one if you haven’t recently had a blood test or tests for anything. I dunno I keep breathing in and out and wondering how it feels and if it doesn’t feel right then I panic more. I just feel alone and scared and wouldn’t wish this on anyone. Am going to try and remain positive this evening and try eat something even tho my taste has gone xx

Am going to try and remain positive this evening and try eat something even tho my taste has gone xx
    I have been eating pickles with everything. I can taste sour lol.

@katyfitz Deep deep breaths. If you have an underlying health condition, you would know. Those don't present themselves without symptoms, and your doctor would have caught it. I had lung twinges, tightness, and then some with my Covid, as did my friends who also got it. My lungs often felt like I had just done a run outside in very cold weather. My friend needed to use her inhaler on a regular basis while she was sick. And we were both okay. It's okay. What's happening right now is that you're feeling the respiratory symptoms of the virus. That's all. Nothing more. Remember, if we're looking at the people who survive and don't end up hospitalized (which, if we're looking at statistics, is HIGHLY in your favor), that does not mean those people don't experience symptoms and or feel sick. They still still have symptoms and still feel sick (some really sick), but they do not end up crashing. Experiencing symptoms does not equal hospitalization.

Have you spoken to your doctor about anything to look out for in terms of shortness of breath or breathing issues? If so, are you experiencing any of those? My doctor told me a few things to look out for, but I don't want to share too much medical advice as it's so specific to your case.

No I haven’t spoken to him but some friends who have had it say days 6-10 are very important for changes with breathing but that that doesn’t mean you’ll end up in hospital. Thanks for taking the time to chat to me xx

Exactly right. You'll probably have some changes in breathing, but that doesn't mean you're going down. Maybe talk to your doctor this weekend and let him know about your diagnosis and ask about what you need to look out for as a possible "red flag" symptom. That was a really helpful gauge with me. My doctor gave me some parameters to work with, and that helped me a lot. And they told me, even if you're experiencing some of these "red flags", that doesn't mean the worst is happening, just give us a call and we'll talk out next steps. I never experienced any of the "red flags", but that doesn't mean my lungs and breathing felt totally normal either. Give your doc a call. It will probably give you some peace of mind

@NancyW, get those pickles girl. You earned them

Hi guys. I wrote a post earlier without realising that this post was going. Amazing to be able to read this and see how everyone is. A hundred percent my anxiety is through the roof wondering what each day will bring. I’m on day 5 and not sure if my tight chest is from reading that days 6-10 are crucial for breathlessness. So scared about being hospitalised. Really glad to see so many of you have stayed positive and come out the other end x
    Hi Katy, I don't know your age or how you are health wise but either way the chances of you being hospitalised are tiny. If you are below 70 and reasonably healthy, the chances are seriously remote. I know it's hard to relax but really all of the non stop media reporting and fear mongering is making people like you feel far worse. Chill out, in all likelihood you will be absolutely fine.

Reading your post and the anxiety you are suffering with frustrates me as so much of the reporting on this virus has been to intentionally scare people. The death figures reported aren't even accurate. 'Death within 28 days of a positive covid test'. That literally means that anybody that tests positive, many of them likely elderly people who were tested when going into hospital for something completely unrelated, then die of heart attack, old age, surgery etc etc, still get listed as a Covid death. So how many of those apparent 60,000 UK covid deaths actually died from Covid? I don't know, but I can tell you that it's a lot less than 60,000. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant. But again just to say, the risk to most is very small so please try and relax and I hope you feel better soon.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information