Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

@Pulisa, you are spot on. So far, the fears and mental anxieties are far worse than the symptoms. My friend who had it last week (who I caught it from) hit a fever of 104*F last Thursday (Can you imagine!), and she still firmly believes that the fear and anxiety of having it was worse than the 104* fever (to help provide some comfort and additional detail - she is fine. She was knocked off her feet for a day or two, but was able to recover at home. She also has asthma, and additionally has a minor heart condition and has a bit of a weaker immune system). Of course, things could change for me where the symptoms become worse than the fear, but let's hope it does not come to that There is a much stronger chance that it will not come to that, and that I will be able to recover just fine. @Pulisa, I'm so glad this thread is helpful for you! I hope it is the same for others. It does give me a lot of comfort and help pull me out of my head. Last night when I dipped I thought, "This is it, I'm not going to make it through the night" (that was the anxiety talking). And now writing it out I realize yes, it wasn't fun but I certainly wasn't on (or even NEAR) my deathbed either

@Pamplemousse, I hear and totally understand your fears. What you're feeling is real and honest and understandable. But try to remember that there are absolutely no guarantees with this, either for it to go well or poorly. Remember though, the numbers are on your side. There ARE people with similar (and worse!) conditions than you who have made it. If you do catch it (which I hope you don't), remember that this right now just feels like a bad cold for me, and for many others. If this was 2019 (what a simpler time!) and I was having the exact same symptoms, the only day I would have taken off of work is today. Every other day (so far!) has been a mild head cold. I know it's different for everyone, but it's very possible you will be the same. And you can get through a head cold

@Lencoboy, I'm sure you're fine! But of course, if it helps or you feel as if it could be an issue, get tested just for peace of mind. I have had so many similar symptoms during these past 7 months (and the past 30 years) and it was never anything more than just a sinus issue that resolved itself in a few days. I will say, the one thing that has separated this for me was the waves of fatigue and weakness I felt. That felt different than "just the sniffles", so I hope you and others can find comfort in knowing that, while my symptoms were mostly benign, there was something a little more "off" about them that differentiated them. Sunday night (5 days after exposure, and the day I took what would turn out to be my positive test), I got out of the shower and just felt so tired all I wanted to do was crawl into bed. It was a familiar feeling, the kind of tiredness you get when you are truly sick/getting sick, but it was different than the normal "long day, stressful day" tired.

I had a burst of energy earlier this afternoon, similar to one I had yesterday, so I think my pattern is that in the afternoon I feel my best, and then I slowly get a little weaker as the evening comes on. I can feel myself starting to dip right now, both in terms of energy/overall wellness level and, in response, spiking in anxiety. So what does this mean for me? Probably a similar night to last night. Will I still freak out and panic if and when I hit my low low point? Ohh yes. But I'm also hopeful that the perspective from last night will help diminish it slightly.

I can continue to post more updates if this is helping others (It's definitely helping me!). Stay safe everyone. We'll be okay <3
    Last edited by leanderson2012; 21-10-20 at 22:12.

Thread Information